The Town of Herndon is seeking a dynamic, creative, and collaborative leader to promote the town as a desirable location for economic opportunity and serve as primary liaison to town businesses. The successful candidate will establish effective, cooperative relationships with the town’s business owners and will promote activities related to economic development and commercial vitality within the town.
The Economic Development Director position will report directly to the Town Manager as part of the town’s leadership team.
Required/desired qualifications include:
• Bachelor’s degree in business, public administration, economics, marketing or closely related field required. Master’s degree preferred.
• Minimum of eight years’ experience as an economic development professional
• Practical knowledge of commercial real estate field
• Practical knowledge of federal and state grant and incentive programs for new and existing businesses
• Supervisory experience preferred
• Valid driver’s license with acceptable record