The City of Blair will be hiring a dynamic leader and collaborator to oversee and coordinate the numerous projects and great employees in our Public Works Department. You will be amazed at all the activity and expansion occurring in this beautiful community just north of Omaha. Experience coordinating state and federal construction projects is important, but most important is the proven ability to collaborate with elected officials, design professionals, and local, state, and federal partners on innovative projects and to motivate employees to develop their skills and excel as public servants. Check out the following link to learn more about the Director of Public Works position and this opportunity to lead an active department in a growing and expanding community.
The Director of Public Works plans, directs, manages, and oversees the activities and operations of the Public Works Department, including engineering and maintenance; coordinates assigned activities with other City departments and outside agencies; provides highly responsible and complex administrative support to the City Administrator. May act as the City Engineer.
Below is a list of our ongoing and anticipated projects:
- Expanding our current water plant from a 20 million plant to a 27 million plant.
- While our South Bypass is finishing up, we already have in the works to design and build a North Bypass.
- Utility coordination with an expanding industrial complex
- Implement an eager City Council project of adding new subdivisions
- Consistent Coordination with the local Natural Resource District for rural water system expansion that will include a second water tower. (Who knows…maybe you can help design what will go on the tower?)