The City is seeking a motivated professional with a strategic mindset to lead the City of Elmhurst IT Department! This position provides strategic direction for the City’s technology efforts. It is responsible for all aspects of administration, financial planning, directing, and supervising the activities of the Information Technology Department. The Director of Information Technology coordinates the innovations and technology solutions of all City departments to ensure consistency with the City’s overall information technology plan. Other duties and responsibilities may include but are not limited to the following:
• Determine, with the City Manager and Assistant City Manager, the annual and future goals and objectives of the City’s innovation and technology solution needs. Develop a strategic plan for the department and prioritize initiatives and requests. Develop and ensure adherence to procedures and policies, which ensure productive and efficient processes.
• Work with the City Manager and Department Directors to develop and approve policies regarding network and software application maintenance, computer usage and software usage and development; develop and implement long term technology planning for both the Information Technology Department while engaging with other City departments.
• Formulate annual and multi-year budgets for the Department. Monitor and approve expenditures and review efficiencies for all expenditures as well as staffing.
• Develop and implement technology standards, procedures, guidelines, and other documentation to ensure consistency and compatibility among systems and to protect the City’s technology assets. Maintain applications, systems, and processes to ensure compliance with laws and standards.
• Develop and coordinate systems security, monitoring, backup, quality assurance, and disaster recovery plans.
• Collaborate with department directors to determine long and short-term technology needs of departments; collect, categorize, and respond to service requests.
• Oversee the City’s technology and network equipment, including installation and programming of equipment.
• Prepare written and verbal reports for various groups and the City Council.
• Oversee and monitor records management activities, systems, procedures, and files. Ensure adherence to FOIA laws and procedures.
• Oversee the use of formal project management techniques in the selection, installation, and maintenance of software and hardware.
• Oversee and assist with training of staff in other departments on software applications and hardware use.
• Oversee all technology equipment maintenance and repair as needed including cameras, copiers, phones, network servers, SCADA system, etc. Recommend maintenance contracts as needed.
• Supervisory responsibilities include establishing performance standards; training and mentoring subordinate employees; assigning and directing work; monitoring productivity and conduct, providing feedback and assessing performance; and ensuring compliance with City and departmental policies, rules, regulation and ethical standards.
Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, information systems or a field related is required; master’s degree is preferred. Ten (10) years of professional experience in information technology development and operations, five (5) of which were at a leadership level; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience as determined by Human Resources. A valid Illinois Driver’s License is required.
Anticipated starting salary to be above the midpoint rate of $147,888, dependent upon qualifications and experience of the selected candidate. This position will remain open until Friday, August 19, 2022 at 5:00 p.m. To apply please visit www.elmhurst.org/job.