The City of Springfield, Missouri, seeks a collaborative leader with a high level of discernment and knowledge in the building development industry for its next Director of Building Development Services.
The ideal candidate for the Director of Building Development Services will demonstrate strong leadership and the ability to lead a team of 30+ professionals who provide a wide range of services to Springfield businesses, homeowners, landlords, tenants, contractors, and developers. This position is critical to business and residential development throughout the City and serves as a liaison to multiple community groups and organizations. Building Development Services continues to focus on providing progressive, easy-to-use services to the Springfield community. Additionally, the position ensures safety through overseeing the enforcement of municipal ordinances and codes for construction of privately-owned improvements, and zoning regulations.
The City of Springfield offers a competitive salary and benefits package including:
• No cost employee-only health insurance
• Pension through the Local Government Employee Retirement System (LAGERS) with no employee contribution and vesting after five years
• Deferred Compensation 457(b) Plan
• Generous leave time benefits including holidays and floating holidays, vacation, sick, and exempt leave.
• A car allowance of $430 per month
The Springfield community offers an excellent quality of life, including medical, retail, and education services, coupled with high-quality cultural, entertainment, and recreation venues. Springfield’s cost of living is 10% lower than the national average and offers strong community support and involvement. To discover more about life in Springfield, visit https://www.liveinspringfieldmo.com/.
Applications received by August 19, 2022, are guaranteed review.
Experience, Education, and Training
• Requires graduation from an accredited four-year college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Architecture, Civil or Mechanical Engineering, Construction Science, Construction Management, Business Management or a related area.
• Bachelor’s Degree with current multiple and appropriate ICC building, commercial, and residential certifications.
• At least five years of related responsible professional work experience, including supervisory and management level experience.
• Related International Code Council (ICC) certifications are a plus.
• Registration as a Professional Architect or Engineer is a plus.
For more information on essential functions and other requirements, please visit www.springfieldmo.gov/jobs