East Stroudsburg, Pennsylvania
East Stroudsburg Borough, PA is seeking candidates for the position of Borough Manager who can lead with a well-articulated vision, strong leadership, motivation and encouragement, and a desire to accomplish goals in a team setting.
East Stroudsburg Borough
The Borough serves a population of nearly 10,000 with combined operating budgets of $12M and 25 employees. The Borough provides public water and public wastewater services. Highlights of the Borough area are as follows: schools, retail (including multiple shopping complexes), Lehigh Valley Hospital-Pocono, East Stroudsburg University, and easy access to interstate 80. East Stroudsburg is 70 miles to New York City, 45 miles to Scranton, and 90 miles to Philadelphia.
To successfully meet the East Stroudsburg Manager job requirements, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The Manager candidate must demonstrate the following for consideration of the job:
1. Bachelor’s degree in political science or business administration and eight (8) years increasing responsibility in planning, organizing, and directing administrative services, or Master’s degree in public or business administration and five (5) years municipal manager experience required. The Manager shall be eligible to be a member of the International City/County Management Association (ICMA).
2. Employee must be computer literate and be able to use, transmit, receive, and manipulate data and information in commonly used word processing, spreadsheet, email, internet access, and geographic information system programs, particularly those programs currently used by the Borough. Must demonstrate proficiency in the following computer software programs: MS Office Suite (2010 or newer); Custom Software for Municipalities such as Applied Micro Systems, ALERT or their equivalent.
3. Comprehensive knowledge of the provision of water and sewer services through collection and distribution system in municipal-owned treatment plants.
4. Comprehensive knowledge of public procurement, municipal zoning and land development codes, building and property maintenance codes, solid waste, health and safety, taxation, tree and storm water management.
5. Possess a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license or ability to obtain one within two (2) months of employment.
6. Must live in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania within a 15 mile radius of the Borough within 12 months
General Job Description Summary
The Borough Manager is the chief administrative officer of the Borough of East Stroudsburg. This is a highly responsible administrative/supervisory position involving planning, directing, coordinating, and administering all affairs of the Borough Government. This includes, but is not limited to, responsibility for budget and finance, personnel, purchasing, highways, water and sewer utilities, codes, public safety, parks and recreation, general services, and public/ intergovernmental relations. The Manager is responsible for the direction, planning, development, and coordination of all Departments to see that they conform with policy directives of Council and all applicable laws and ordinances; this includes the review of personnel needs, space/equipment, contracted services, and adherence to budgetary limits. The Manager is responsible for an employee safety program, risk management, and loss control. The Manager is also responsible for providing staff services for Committees of Council and for official boards, agencies and commissions of the Borough. Direction is received from Council through meetings and policy directives and work is reviewed by Council for the achievement of desired objectives. This job description amplifies but in no way changes Chapter 29, Officers and Employees, of the Borough of East Stroudsburg Code, Part I Administrative Legislation.
The position of Borough Manager is an exempt position and is expected to work the time necessary to capably complete the essential functions of the position. The Borough office hours are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. The Manager will be required to perform frequent evening and weekend duties as well as “call-in” duties are required.
The Borough offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
The borough offers a competitive salary dependant upon the qualifications and experience of the selected individual. The Borough also provides a benefits program including retirement, vacation, personal and sick leave, health, dental, life and disability insurance.
Relocation assistance may be available
The position details can be found at www.eaststroudsburgboro.org. Cover letter, resume, salary history & requirements, and three references shall be submitted via email in a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than May 31, 2022. Candidates will be contacted for interviews by June 15, 2022.
For questions, please contact Transition Committee Chair Sonia Wolbert, at email@example.com