If you do not have a FEMA SID, complete this form before registering for this course: (cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register)
How can you build capacity for economic recovery? It starts with a sound planning process to engage key stakeholders to assess your community’s strengths and vulnerabilities. Developing and updating a recovery plan helps a community mitigate risks and speed recovery after economic disruptions.
ICMA and the International Economic Development Council (IEDC) have developed a new training course in partnership with FEMA: “Planning for Economic Recovery.” Filled with examples of successful economic recovery strategies, this interactive webinar offers opportunities for small group discussions and peer learning.
Register now for the July 15, 2021, 1:00 – 5:00 p.m. virtual course. Among the many strategies covered in the free four-hour course are:
- Engaging small businesses in pre-disaster planning and preparedness.
- Utilizing financial tools and resources for mitigation and recovery.
- Updating your economic recovery plan.
Don’t delay as registration is limited to 30 participants. Upon registering, you will receive a participant guide and a pre-course assessment. A certificate and a takeaway with more case examples and current resources will be provided upon course completion.
The course is designed for high-level local government administrators and economic development professionals, including city and county managers; planning, public health, public works, and emergency managers; chamber of commerce executives; and leaders from economic development districts, regional planning organizations, redevelopment authorities, downtown organizations, and councils of governments.
Presentation Team for the July 15, 2021 Virtual Course:
- Ron Carlee, Assistant Professor, Old Dominion University
- Elizabeth Kellar, Director of Public Policy and Disaster Recovery Programs, ICMA
- Dana Crater, Senior Associate, Economic Development, IEDC
- Mickie Valente, President, Valente Strategic Advisors
The course materials can be downloaded at the bottom of this page.
Course Schedule (dates and times subject to change):