Find out how you can develop action plans and strategies to attract and cultivate a diverse and talented group of individuals dedicated to the highest ideals of public service. The Annual Conference offers special events, educational sessions, special sessions, learning lounge and expert bars, workshops and forums devoted to diversity, inclusion and strategies for bringing communities together. Register online today!
- INSPIRATIONAL BREAKFAST: Appointed in September 2011 as the first African-American city manager of Sanford, Florida, Norton was thrust into the national spotlight following the shooting death of Florida teen Trayvon Martin, will share how he was able to endure the impact of the shooting, the trial, the verdict, and beyond. #INSPIREICMA
- Luncheon for Women in Professional Local Government Management
- ICMA University Symposium with the League of Women in Government - DETAILS AND REGISTRATION
- Soledad O'Brien: Diversity in America
- Building Diverse Leadership in Your Community and Your Organization
- Best Practices in Building a Culturally Diverse and Inclusive Workforce
- Women’s Issues Are Everyone’s Issues: You Can Make Your Organization a Better Place to Work
- Building Stronger Communities and Developing Trust through Effective Community Engagement: Surprise! How to Engage and Partner with Others When the Unexpected Happens
LOCAL GOVERNMENT 201: Taking It to the Next Level
- Building an XYZ Culture in Local Government
- The Path to the C Suite: Preparing and Engaging Women for Top Management Roles
- ICMA Update on Diversity and Inclusivity Efforts
- Moving the Needle: You Can't Be What You Can't See
- Asian Pacific American Affinity Group Interests and Priorities
- President's Colloquium: The Business Case for Creating a Diverse and Inclusive Workplace with Intentionality
- Building Stronger Communities and Developing Trust through Effective Community Engagement
LEARNING LOUNGE AND EXPERTS BAR
- The How's and Why's of Police-Community Relations and Diversity
- Building Relationships of Trust between the Community and Police
ICMA UNIVERSITY FORUM
- Talking about Equality, Race, and Diversity: Getting Comfortable with Uncomfortable Conversations
- Communities Leveraging Disruptive Change: What Are Your Disruptors, and How Will You Leverage Them?
- How to Build a Successful Women's Network in Your State/Region
Know someone who might be interested?
New, Reduced Membership Dues
A new, reduced dues rate is available for CAOs/ACAOs, along with additional discounts for those in smaller communities, has been implemented. Learn more and be sure to join or renew today!