Interested in making the most of your ICMA membership? ICMA invites all members to share their knowledge and skills by serving on a committee or task force.
Committees and task forces draw on the skills and interests of a broad cross section of ICMA members to study issues of interest and importance to local government and the organization. They also provide opportunities for member connection, networking, and professional development.
Committees and Task Forces
- 2021 Conference Evaluation Committee
- 2022 Conference Planning Committee
- 2022 Regional Conferences Education Committee
- Graduate Education Committee
- Awards Evaluation Committee
- Digital Strategies Committee
- Governmental Affairs and Policy Committee
- ICMA Welcome Ambassadors Committee
- International Committee
- Performance Management Committee
- Smart Communities Committee
- Sustainable Communities Committee
In addition to ongoing committees and task forces, we are excited to announce the launch of a new task force:
- Task Force to Update the Job-Hunting Handbook
Other Ongoing Volunteer Opportunities
- Become a Coach
- Become a Legacy Leader
- Become a Social Media Influencer
- Host a Southeast Asian or Local Government Fellow
- U.S. and International Pro-bono Opportunities
To express your interest in serving on these member initiatives, login to your ICMA account here, find the “My Committee Nominations” link in your profile, and submit your application by May 7, 2021.
If you have any questions about the requirements of a particular committee or general comments, contact Member Benefits & Services at email@example.com.