The annual ICMA Regional Summits will kick off the new year under a new event name: ICMA Regional Conferences. With it, a new program of learning opportunities for all career stages. Here's everything you need to know about the newly rebranded and reenergized 2018 ICMA Regional Conferences.
ICMA wants to equip you, as a local government professional, with new ideas, tools, and connections to help you, your organization, and your community thrive in 2018. We'll do this at each of the ICMA Regional Conferences by bringing together local government experts who engage attendees on the topics of
- Staff Effectiveness.
- Personal Resiliency and Development.
- Personal and Professional Integrity.
- Policy Facilitation and Implementation.
- Strategic Leadership.
Attendees will walk away from these two days with new insight and ideas on decision-making, smart and sustainable communities of the future, coaching, ethical conduct, leading courageously in challenging times, and so much more.
Where You'll Find Us
Regional conferences will take place on various dates and in various regions throughout the United States and internationally. Can't make your regional conference? Now you can attend a conference in any region! A full overview of the event, cost, venue details, timing, and content programming is provided on each of the regional conference pages listed below.
- International Regional Conference | Tel Aviv, Israel | February 12-15 (Registration is Now Closed)
- Midwest Regional Conference | Columbus, Ohio | March 7-9 | Held in conjunction with the OCMA Winter Conference
- Northeast Regional Conference | Hershey, Pennsylvania | March 21-23
- Mountain Plains Regional Conference | Arvada, Colorado | April 11-13
- Southeast Regional Conference | Mountain Brook, Alabama | April 25-27
- West Coast Regional Conference | Stevenson, Washington | May 2-4 | Held in conjunction with the Northwest Managers Conference (Registration Opening Soon)
What's New, What's Different
The ICMA Regional Conferences will be a two-day learning experience with career-building, mentoring, and leading ideas sessions. This year, we have removed the Emerging Professionals Leadership Institute from the program, but now, emerging professionals will attend and connect with attendees throughout the two-day event, and still pay the emerging professional price!
In 2018, you'll also find that the regional conference program gives you the opportunity to select an educational breakout session that interests you the most. Plus, you'll have the opportunity to make long-lasting connections with other local government professionals during the scheduled networking receptions, breaks, and activities, which includes a new Twitter contest that connects you with ICMA Ambassadors. The winner will receive free registration to the 2019 ICMA Regional Conference!