About the Community:
One of Northern California's hidden secrets, Sutter County is a place with great vistas, little traffic, and wonderful recreation, along with a friendly and growing community. Just a short distance from Sacramento, Lake Tahoe and San Francisco, Sutter County is an attractive and affordable place in which to live and work. The nearby lakes, mountains, and rivers offer unlimited leisure activities. There is plenty of boating, fishing, biking, hunting and we are close to skiing. Yuba City and Marysville are known as the "Twin Cities" since they are just a stone's throw across the Feather River from each other. Our area offers many historical, cultural, and entertaining things to do. Some of Northern California's finest public golf courses are found here.
The County seat and our offices are located in Yuba City, which is about 40 miles from Sacramento. The County, bounded by the Sacramento and Feather Rivers, encompasses 608 square miles. Sutter County is a general-law County with a population of approximately 75,000 and includes two incorporated cities, Yuba City and Live Oak.
About the Position:
This is an exciting time to join Sutter County’s Health and Human Services (HHS) Department’s executive leadership team. The department has over 500 permanent positions and a recommended operating budget of just under $143 million for FY 2022-23. Through a Joint Powers Agreement Sutter County HHS also administers the only bi-county behavioral health system in California, providing behavioral health services to both Sutter and Yuba Counties.
HHS is an integrated department with one Administrative/Fiscal branch and five service branches, which consist of Acute Psychiatric Services, Children’s Services, Adult Services, Public Health and Employment and Eligibility. The HHS Branch Director oversees one of the five service branches and participates as part of the HHS executive management and leadership team.
The position being recruited is the Branch Director for the Adult Services Branch.
• Vacation: 11 paid vacation days per year up to 5 years of service; 15 days up to 10 years; 17 days up to 15 years; and 20 days after 15 years.
• Holidays: 13 paid holidays per year.
• Paid Sick Leave: 12 days per year accrued.
• Retirement: The County of Sutter is a member of the Public Employees' Retirement System (PERS) and Social Security Program. PERS provides 2%@ 62.
• Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance: The County pays the major portion of health, dental and vision premiums for employee and dependent(s). The County offers three PPO Health Plans, two Kaiser Health Plans and one High Deductible Health Plan. The County pays 100% of the premium for the High Deductible Health Plan for employee plus family and contributes 25% of annual IRS max to a Health Care Savings Account.
• Flexible Spending Accounts: Dependent care and health care expenses may be paid on a pre-tax deduction basis through an IRC125 Plan.
• Term Life Insurance: $75,000 for employee and $5,000 for dependents.
• Deferred Compensation Program: Employees may participate in the plans offered in the 457 program. Employees who are enrolled in the County-sponsored Deferred Compensation Plan will receive twenty-five dollars ($25.00) per pay period deposited into their account.
• Other Benefits: May be available depending on bargaining unit.