For the duration of the fellowship, your mentor will serve as your primary point of contact and coach. This may include monthly Luncheons or weekly feedback sessions to ask questions and seek career advice.
Long serving and experienced city managers who are retired local government professionals with a wealth of experience and a commitment to the next gerneration. They offer coaching and advice for managers at any stage in thier career.
ICMA Coaching Program
Fellows are expected to participate in several scheduled professional development calls with ICMA throughout their fellowship. Along with access to ICMA’s free coaching resources, fellows receive complimentary registration to the ICMA Annual Conference, and acess to the local government 101 certificate. They are also granted free access to ICMA’s Management Assessment and a free subscription to PM Magazine.
Fellows receive a complimentary 2-year membership to ICMA with access to all qualifying member benefits.
Veterans Who Currently Serve or Served as Local Government Managers (Mentors).
Please contact these mentors if you have general questions regarding the profession of local government management or questions regarding transitioning into the profession from the military.
- Darrin Tangeman,City Manager, Woodland Park, Colorado
- Email: email@example.com
- Peter Troedsson, City Manager, Albany, Oregon
- Email: PTroedsson@gmail.com
- Nole Hopkins, Fleet Manager, El Paso County, Colorado
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Don Davis, County Manager, Jefferson County, Colorado
- Email: email@example.com
- George Sugars, Retired County Manager, Fremont County, Colorado
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dick Eason, City Manager In Transition, Greater Denver Area, Colorado
- Email: email@example.com