VLGMA’s main mission is to strengthen the quality of local government through professional management. As such, the association seeks to promote professional management in a variety of ways including training, networking, mentoring, member support and resource sharing.
An outgrowth from this mission is VLGMA’s effort to support Deputies, Assistants and Other local government employees (a.k.a. DAOs) who are aspiring to be municipal government department managers, deputy managers or City Managers/County Administrators by providing opportunities to gather at DAO meetings held semi-annually around the state in the spring and fall. These meetings are designed by fellow DAO members to create an inviting atmosphere, “story” sharing and provide excellent networking opportunities.
You’re invited to attend with us to meet more of your colleagues from around the state, learn things that will help you reach your career goals, and share your successes.
The Fall DAO Meeting is scheduled for October 11, 2019, hosted by Albemarle County.
- Omni Hotel Charlottesville - https://www.omnihotels.com/hotels/charlottesville?utm_source=GMBlisting&utm_medium=organic
- Residence Inn by Marriott Charlottesville - https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/chowr-residence-inn-charlottesville-downtown/
- Hyatt Place Charlottesville - https://www.hyatt.com/en-US/hotel/virginia/hyatt-place-charlottesville/chozc
On parking, there are two options:
- The Market Street Garage, 550 East Market Street, Charlottesville, VA 22902 - $12 daily maximum, 0.1 mile walk to Central Library
- Albemarle County Office Building, 401 McIntire Road, Charlottesville, VA 22902 – free, 0.4 mile walk to Central Library
Links below take you to materials from past DAO Meetings.
DAO Resource Information:
- April 2019 Marketing Automation
- April 2019 Sands Anderson Presentation
- April18 Duckenfield Arlington Building Collaborative Partnerships Presentation
- April18 Zenker Arlington Neighborhood Village Presentation
- Map of DAO Meeting Locations
- Community Engagement: Emory & Henry College
- Frederick) Service Learning Program (Jay Tibbs)
- Harrisonburg Service Learning Program (Anne Lewis)
- John Nalbandian's DAO Meeting Presentation
- Falls Church Idea Exchange Materials
- Town of Ashland Idea Exchange Materials
- Lessons Learned from Defining Moments (Svrcek)
- Virginia Beach Urban Crescent Handout
- Tourism Zone Presentation
- Tourism Zone Handout - Bullets
- October 2013 DAO Agenda