Member Price: 120.00
Non-member Price: 156.00>
Order this print publication now:
Please note that all sales are final (no returns accepted unless the publication has been damaged in shipping)—no returns and no refunds.
This special edition of the Municipal Year Book marks the incredible accomplishments of local government management and explores the opportunities that await the profession. In its pages, you will find a foreword by Executive Director Bob O’Neill on the legacy of local government professionalism, a 100-year retrospective of social policy issues, and a review of ICMA’s evolution as an international organization. Survey-based articles focus on the state of the local government profession today, the growing role of intermunicipal cooperation in alternative service delivery, CAO salaries and compensation, and salaries and expenditures for police and fire personnel.
Articles in this edition include:
- Upholding and Expanding the Roles of Local Government Managers
- 100 Years of Tackling Societal Challenges
- 100 Years ... and We Are Still Reinventing Government!
- ICMA’s Evolution as an International Organization
- Intermunicipal Cooperation: The Growing Reform
- Advancing Sustainable Communities through Civic Engagement and Performance Measurement
- Spreading Innovation
- CAO Salary and Compensation: Stability Continues
- Police and Fire Personnel, Salaries, and Expenditures for 2013
Plus two directories:
- U.S., Canadian, and international organizations serving local governments in an easier-to-read format.
- Professional, Special Assistance and Educational Organizations Serving Local and State Governments
If only one or two articles in the Municipal Year Book are of interest, you can order and download the individual articles. Click the links for each individual article description.