Leading and managing a community and staff can be an all-consuming challenge that leaves little time for local government supervisors to focus on their personal growth. Now, in a state-of-the-art online classroom, the Effective Supervisory Practices Webinar Series makes it easy to bring practical supervisory training to your jurisdiction without the high costs of hiring consultants.
Through six live and on demand webinars, this series enables attendees to learn:
- The difference between leading and managing
- The tools to assist with establishing priorities and focusing work
- How to hire the right people for your organization
- The role in fostering a safe, harassment-free work environment
- How good supervisors can motivate employees to become productive and fulfilled
- How to turn a group of employees into a highly functioning team
What is the Effective Supervisory Practices Webinar Series?
This interactive webinar series will demonstrate principles covered in Effective Supervisory Practices (5th Edition). Hosted by experienced managers and local government experts, this program is designed to impart real-life experience, best practices, and sound advice in the areas most important to a manager’s day-to-day role.
Who is Right for the Program?
The Effective Supervisory Practices Webinar Series is designed as a primer for new supervisors. It not only offers pragmatic recommendations about the day-to-day duties of a supervisor, but also offers guidance for addressing the more complex challenges all managers confront as they seek to effectively communicate, motivate, and model ethical decisions to lead a team.
The Effective Supervisory Skill Building Training Course is required reading. Due to high demand, hard copies have sold out. Digital books are available and can be purchased through the online bookstore for $63.00 (members) or $82.50 (nonmembers).
Each session will last approximately 90 minutes, and will begin at 1:00 PM Eastern on the following dates:
- Session 1: The Foundation: Roles of a Supervisor/Supervisory Leadership and Ethics: Wednesday, April 5
- Session 2: The HR Stuff: Ensuring a Safe, Respectful, Harassment-Free Workplace: Wednesday, April 19
- Session 3: Sharpening Your Focus: Strategic Planning, Managing Workflow, and Budgeting: Wednesday, May 3
- Session 4: Raising the Bar: Motivating Employees and Customer Service: Wednesday, May 17
- Session 5: The People Part: Hiring and Onboarding, Fostering Accountability, Evaluating Performance: Wednesday, May 31
- Session 6: The Great Communicator: Team Building, Communicating, Leading Change: Wednesday, June 14
A recording of each session will be available on demand shortly after the conclusion of the live event, and participants will have access to these recordings for one year after they begin the session. Participants will also receive a certificate upon completion of the course.
Purchase single access to view in one office or conference room by yourself or in a group. Only one log-in and completion certificate will be issued. Price:
- Member: $795
- Nonmember: $1,095 (Join ICMA and save!)
- Discounts available for multiple staff licenses
COMING SOON IN NEW ONLINE CLASSROOM -- ACCEPTING REGISTRTATIONS IN EARLY MARCH
Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership
This webinar series covers the following ICMA Practices for Effective Local Government Leadership:  Personal and Professional Integrity,  Staff Effectiveness,  Personal Resiliency and Development,  Strategic Leadership,  Strategic Planning,  Financial Management and Budgeting,  Human Resources Management and Workforce Engagement,  Communication and Information Sharing.