Promoting an ethical culture in local government is at the core of ICMA’s mission.
What better time than National Ethics Awareness Month to craft a thoughtful strategy for strengthening the ethical culture of the organization you lead. During the month of March, take the time to promote ethical behavior within your organization. Remind your staff that doing the right thing the right way matters. Let your staff know ethics is worth the effort.
ICMA offers training and technical assistance on ethics, ethical values, and ethical decision-making. Consider these options this month and throughout the year because maintaining your organization's integrity and the public trust is fundamental.
Ethics Training and Technical Assistance Services
Training is available for staff, leadership, elected officials, boards, and commissions. Learn more.
For information on local government ethics workshops and technical assistance services, contact Martha Perego, Director of Member Services and Ethics at 202-962-3668 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Training and Workshops include:
● Ethics at Work!
● Promoting an Ethical Culture
● The Leader's Role in Building an Ethical Culture
● Elected Officials and the Public Trust
● ICMA University half-day and full day workshop offerings are also available. Learn more.
More Ethics Resources
- ICMA Code of Ethics
- Member Support: Ethics Issues and Advice
- Ethics Topic Area (articles, discussion and more)