Using a new platform, we have integrated the job ads and search features into ICMA's Web site and Knowledge Network. We have some great new features and will add more, based on feedback from users. If you have a request or idea, please send it to email@example.com.
- What are some of the features of the job board?
- Where can I find career resources?
- Jobs are tagged to topic areas? Explain!
- What are some of the future features you have planned?
- I have another question!
- An interactive Google map so candidates can view opportunities by geographic region
- Search and slider features to help customize your search
- Jobs listings tagged to topic area, so they appear on the appropriate topic pages
- The ability to isolate your search by state
- Employer-provided attachments to listings
- Search box and jobs appear on the Careers homepage
- All ads appear by default in the ICMA member newsletter, Leadership Matters.
- Featured ads are highlighted and have a yellow star and are pushed out on social media channels.
You will find them in the Career Resources topic page. You can access useful resources, including:
- Career Compass
- Job Hunting Handbook
- Model Employment Agreement
- Preparing for an interview
- Members-in-Transition Program
This is one of the several features that makes ICMA's Job Center unique. Each job is tagged by the employers, by job function or department, to the appropriate topic pages on the ICMA Web site. This means that job listings appear across our Web site, on topic pages and with relevant questions.
For example, an ad for Sustainability Manager would appear on the Sustainability topic page or with the Brownfields or Solar Communities groups, ensuring that your ad reaches the widest and most relevant audiences.
- Job seeker profiles (expanded from Who's Who)
- Community profiles: build a profile to help the job seeker understand your community
- Mentor/coaching match
- State affiliate posting
- Location info (e.g. distance from target location), weather, cost of living, and other useful data to assist the job seeker
- Job alerts, a feature of the old site, will be tested shortly after the new site launches
If you have a question that wasn't answered here, email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll be glad to help!