- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City, County, Town Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $100,000 - $125,000. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.granville.oh.us
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 21 2019
Deadline: Jul 26 2019
Send cover letter, resume and 5 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Reference your name and Village Manager in the subject line.
Accomplished, knowledgeable local government manager with strong combination of education and experience including demonstrated success in staff leadership, communication/outreach skills, municipal finance, growth management, public safety, utilities and local government public relations, and economic development. Granville is a Council-Manager charter municipality since 1964. 7 non-partisan Council members are elected at large to 4-year overlapping terms.
NATURE OF WORK
Responsible for professional and administrative work as Chief Administrative Officer of the Village. Work involves accountability for the overall direction, coordination, and management of Village departments, programs, and activities under the general supervision of, and policy framework established by, the Mayor and Village Council. Supervision is exercised directly, or through subordinate administrative personnel, over all Village employees. Work is performed with latitude for the exercise of independent professional judgment and action and is reviewed by Council through meetings, conferences and reports for results obtained.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF WORK
• Coordinates, prioritizes, assigns and evaluates the work of department heads, and other staff; provides assistance, counseling, and training as needed.
• Provides Council with factual data for policy and procedural decision-making; makes recommendations and provides feedback on pending issues.
• Communicates with and educates the public on the need for citizen input for effective Council decision-making; disseminates information to employees and community regarding Village policies and Council decisions.
• Directs the preparation of the annual budget and presents budgetary recommendations to the Village Council; oversees budgetary execution and control and recommends or approves budgetary adjustments in keeping with policies.
• Evaluates the Village's physical and service needs and financial resources; provides policy guidance to department heads for the development and review of budget requests and program proposals.
• Consults with department heads on administrative policies, problems, and procedures; provides advice and counsel in developing and instituting improvements; visits work and project sites, and facilities.
• Represents the Village by providing information to the media, business and community leaders, Dennison University and other agencies regarding issues relative to the Village.
• Communicates with other municipalities, local, state and federal agencies and organizations.
• Conducts weekly staff meetings; prepares Council meeting agenda; discusses relevant issues and confers with Council members; attends and participates in Council meetings.
• Performs related work as required.
HOW TO APPLY
Send cover letter, resume and 5 professional references including contact information to email@example.com via email. Reference your name and Village Manager in the subject line of the email by 7/26/19.