- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $65,000 - $80,000.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 1,300
- Where: 3820 40th Avenue
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Aug 31 2018
Deadline: Oct 5 2018
Submit resume to email@example.com
TOWN MANAGER POSITION IN COTTAGE CITY, MARYLAND
Cottage City, a diverse town of 1300 people located in Prince George’s County on the border of Washington, DC, is looking for a qualified person to serve as its Town Manager.
The applicant should have education and experience in public/municipal administration. He or she should be a self-starter, able to handle challenging situations that arise professionally, and with diligence, creativity and patience.
Desired start time in the month of November 2018, or soon thereafter, on a full-time basis.
Under the supervision of the Cottage City Commission, with direct reporting to the Commission Chair, the Town Manager will have primary responsibility for management and oversight in the areas of HR, police relations, public works and street maintenance, technology, operations, office management, procurement, and contracts for Cottage City. It is expected that this person will work closely with the town attorney and town treasurer. Primary responsibilities include:
● Providing regular reports on all activities and work to the Cottage City Commission;
● Attending monthly work sessions and town meetings;
● Managing and supervising 3 employees who directly report to the Town Manager;
● Managing the disposition of grant funds received from private and governmental sources, and working with the town treasurer to assure compliance with requirements of such grants and reporting requirements;
● Managing preparation and all aspects of applications for new grants;
● Working with the Commission to manage the development and implementation of policies and procedures governing Cottage City operations, and ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and best practices;
● Managing procurement processes and contracting in accordance with Town policies;
● Managing all human resources matters, including benefit selection and management;
● Working with surrounding “Port Towns” and other neighboring municipalities on joint activities; and
● Overseeing all technology requirements of the town.
● BS or graduate degree in Public Policy or related field;
● 5+ years of progressive experience in government or related work;
● Strong organizational and writing skills;
● Computer/technology skills ; and
● A valid driver’s license.
Salary range $65,000-$80,000, with benefits.
Candidates should, no later than October 5, 2018, submit a cover letter, resume, writing sample, salary requirements, and a list of references to the Cottage City Office Manager at: firstname.lastname@example.org