- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: $67,000 - $106,000.
- Position Type: Contract
- Population: 1,882
- Where: 201 Central Avenuen, Ocean View, DE
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Oct 3 2018
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to Town of Ocean View Attn: Town Manager Search 201 Central Avenue Ocean View, DE 19970
TOWN OF OCEAN VIEW
Reports To: Mayor and Council FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary Range: $67,000 - $106,000 Grade: 14
Serves as the Chief Administrative Officer of the Town of Ocean View, managing the overall operation of the Town and performing a diverse range of administrative and supervisory responsibilities for all departments, including but not limited to the Administrative Department, Finance Department, Police Department, and Public Works Department, except as provided by the Charter or as designated by the Mayor and Town Council. The Town Manager may also serve as the Chief Financial Officer of the Town and is responsible for the financial management of the Town, including budget preparation, financial reporting and control of Town income and expenditures. Ensures that all Town ordinances are faithfully observed.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Directs and enforces personnel policies (e.g., appointing, hiring, evaluating, rewarding, disciplining, terminating of personnel).
2. Directs the operation of all municipal financial and budgetary matters (e.g., manages and reviews day-to-day financial matters administered by the Financial Officer), prepares annual budget for submission to the Town Council and ensures that expenditures are maintained within budget limits.
3. Manages and oversees monies received and disbursements made to ensure they comply with good accounting principles and practices.
4. Initiates, analyzes, implements, and enforces all policies, programs, laws, and ordinances enacted; is familiar with the Code of the Town of Ocean View.
5. Supervises and oversees four departments.
6. Serves as primary contact between the Town and the Town Solicitor, and other municipal, County, State, and Federal representatives.
7. Participates in the economic development and implementation of the Town’s goals, objectives, and action plans.
8. Confers with department supervisors on all significant matters affecting the Town.
9. Attends and makes formal presentations at Town Council and special committee meetings as required.
10. Prepares and submits monthly reports and other information requested by the Town Council.
11. Advises the Mayor and Town Council of all significant matters affecting the Town and its operations.
12. Oversees town purchases and bids for services.
13. Represents the Town before public and private bodies.
14. Applies for and secures grants or loans for the Town’s projects.
15. Participates in the preparation of emergency preparedness plans for the Town and shall be present within the Town during all emergencies, unless otherwise directed;
16. Performs other duties as mandated by the Charter or as directed by Mayor and Town Council.
All major responsibilities are pursuant to the general supervision, advice, and direction of the Mayor and Town Council.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Education, Training, Certification, and Experience: Bachelor’s degree is required. A Master’s Degree in Public Administration or related field is preferred with a minimum of five years experience in municipal management and administration. A Credentialed Manager designation through ICMA is also preferred.
2. Knowledge of financial and personnel administration principles, policies and practices;
3. Knowledge of principles of government financial management;
4. Knowledge of the Town’s Planning, Zoning, and Building Code regulations;
5. Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing;
6. Ability to exercise independent judgment and work efficiently without supervision;
7. Ability to organize and prioritize tasks and responsibilities;
8. Ability to plan, direct, and evaluate employees;
9. Ability to enforce laws and ordinances with firmness, tact, and impartiality;
10. Ability to research public management issues and policies;
11. Ability to effectively communicate with employees, media, Mayor and Town Council and the public;
12. Skill in using computer software programs Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Outlook Express, etc.
This position is sedentary in nature and is located in an office environment.
Physical activities include walking, standing or sitting for extended periods of time and operating computer equipment.
Employee must be able to report for duty on an "on call" basis during emergency situations.
Employee must be willing to relocate within 30 miles or 25 minute drive of Ocean View.
Employee must be bondable and able to pass a drug test.
Note: This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the Town of Ocean View and the employee and is subject to change by the Town of Ocean View as the needs of the Town and the requirements of the job change.
Date: October 3, 2018