- Job Function: Other; Non-Department Head
- Salary: The starting hiring range is $51,788.26 to $96,363.07 annually.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 43,475
- Website: http://WWW.CHARLOTTESVILLE.ORG
- Where: PO Box 911 , Charlottesville, VA
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 6 2017
Deadline: Jun 22 2017
TO APPLY: to view a more complete job posting and to apply, visit www.charlottesville.org/jobs. Applications are only accepted online through our website listed and only until the closing date of the position on June 22, 2017 at 5pm EST. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and supports workforce diversity.
The mission of the Charlottesville Fire Department is to improve the quality of life in our community by consistently striving to provide superior fire and emergency services focused on prevention, preparedness, response and recovery. We are driven by our commitment to strong leadership and community focus through our four core values of Family, Integrity, Respect, and Excellence.
The Systems Performance Analyst position applies the principles and practices of data analysis to document system-wide performance and effectiveness of services and programs, conduct research and develop initiatives, departmental administration, and continuous quality improvement. This position assigns, directs and coordinates groups of employees and stakeholders to achieve plans of action, provides recommendations to the executive staff, as well as maintain compliance with goals, policies, and standards. Work is under the regular supervision of a Deputy Fire Chief who directs and coordinates the activities of an administrative division. Supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel as assigned.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelor\'s Degree from an accredited four-year college or university in Public Administration, Business Management, Computer Science, Geographic Information Systems or related field.
- Must have extensive experience performing complex planning and research projects, excellent communications skills (verbal & written), a strict attention to detail, and advanced computer skills particularly in MS Excel, MS Access, Crystal Reports, and SQL reporting services.
- A Master\'s Degree is preferred.
- At least 2 years of experience with public safety or community risk analysis is preferred.
- Experience with National Fire Incident Reporting System Program Manager and ESRI arcGIS Desktop Associate is preferred.