- Job Function: Analyst
- Salary: $21 - $28. DOE/E
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 22,787
- Website: http://www.westerlyri.gov
- Where: 45 Broad Stn , Westerly, RI
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 20 2018
Deadline: Mar 23 2018
“A Positive, Exemplary Community”
Systems Administrator - ERP
The salary range for this position is between $20.51 - $28.21 per hour on a 37.5 hour work week, depending on E/E.
This equates to $40,000 to $55,000 per annum; however, the Town typically starts new hires at the beginning to mid point of the salary range, depending on education and experience.
The Town of Westerly is accepting applications for the position of Systems Administrator. This position is responsible for administering the Town’s enterprise resource planning system (MUNIS) by configuring, monitoring, troubleshooting, conducting performance tunes, patches, and upgrades of the Town’s database system for effective business operations and administration.
What You Should Bring
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Accounting or closely related field. The candidate will also have a minimum of one year of experience in systems administration or working as a financial analyst with experience in financial systems management, or one year of experience working on a major ERP system as an analyst or similar position.
The Systems Administrator works in the Department of Finance and is located at Westerly Town Hall. Current hours are typically 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM; however, flexibility is expected for this position, as this position’s workload changes based on operational demand. The individual in this non-exempt position will be expected to flex their work week in order to complete time sensitive projects. Some of the responsibilities are as follows:
1. Reviews, develops, recommends, enforces and adheres to database policies and standards for the Town, which includes, developing and implementing policies and procedures, archiving, access and security.
2. Develops new standard operating procedures (SOPs) for configuration, testing, training and implementation.
3. Works in train and sandbox environments to test and evaluate programs, modules and processes going online before live deployment.
4. Serves as the technical expert in the area of system administration for the ERP system.
5. Proactively monitors, tests, and reports on database integrity, security and compliance measures.
6. Identifies opportunities to upgrade or replace software to meet the current and future requirements of business areas and end-users by researching and evaluating potential solutions by coordinating with end users and other technology personnel within the Town.
7. Evaluates critical database security issues (content, internal controls, access levels, etc.) and makes recommendations for their resolution.
8. Stays abreast of technology developments (hardware, software, protocols, etc.) to identify current and future database administration requirements.
9. Communicates and interacts effectively with internal and external business contacts.
10. Works with internal staff on process documentation and workflow management.
11. Evaluates current usage of ERP system across a variety of modules and works with internal technology professionals and external vendor to evaluate efficiency and modernization of current practices and procedures by utilizing the ERP.
12. Develops end user training materials and process guides on all modules utilized by the organization and trains end users on an as needed basis.
13. Evaluates and recommends solutions for utilizing the Town’s ERP for a variety of functions.
14. Establishes written change control process over changes to roles and user access that includes approval of appropriate staff to ensure appropriate segregation of duties.
The candidate offered the position will be required to successfully pass a background investigation. A complete job description is available on-line at www.westerlyri.gov or at the Human Resources Department. Interested applicants must submit a resume with salary requirements to HR@westerlyri.gov. All resumes must be received by 4:30 pm on or before March 23, 2018. AA/EOE