- Job Function: Parks Superintendant
- Salary: $56,000 - $80,000. Excellent Benefits that includes a cafeteria plan, flexible work schedule, STD & LTD, Collaborative & Modern Work Environment, come and join an amazing team!
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 2,308
- Website: http://www.townofbennett.org/
- Where: 355 4th Streetn, Bennett, CO
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Dec 28 2017
A full job description and application is available on the Town’s website at www.townofbennett.org or can be obtained at Town Hall, 355 4th St., Bennett, CO 80102. To apply, candidates must submit a resume with cover letter and a completed employment application to email@example.com or faxed to 303-644-4125 or can be dropped off at Town Hall. The position will remain open until filled.
SUMMARY: Directs and coordinates Town Parks and Grounds Division of Public Works activities by performing the following duties personally, through subordinate and seasonal employees to upkeep operation in the Town. Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following: responsible for the total operation of the Parks and Grounds Division. Plans, coordinates, supervises and evaluates the activities involved in the operation of weed and mosquito management, parks planning and budgeting for annual reporting and planning, all grounds, parks, trails and right of way mowing, park irrigation/sprinkler systems management and design, horticulture, maintains chemical licensures for weeds and rodent cleaning items, and coordinates maintenance and operations of Town equipment for parks staff strictly with Community Services Supervisor. Incumbents assigned to this class/description are expected to perform the full range of work assigned to this class and to work with significant independence and initiative, and under direct supervision of the Public Works Director. May attend Town Board meetings to present budgets, activity reports, and plans for future activities in place of the Public Works Director.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Plan, organize, coordinate, supervise and evaluate programs, plans, services, staffing, for parks and grounds within the public works department.
• Evaluate public works needs and formulate short and long range plans to meet needs in all areas of responsibility, such as upkeep of the Town grounds, parks, mechanical systems maintenance, planning and management.
• Assist in the training of town personnel in public works systems and techniques.
• Evaluate issues and options regarding municipal public works and make recommendations.
• Supervise employees on a day-to-day basis on specific parks and grounds projects.
• Assist in the coordination of the monthly inspections and updates to repair and refurbish parks and grounds planning and insurance coordination management.
• Responds to citizen inquiries and complaints regarding conditions of parks and grounds.
• Supervises the management of sprinkler systems, including but is not limited to perform including but not limited to maintenance repair design, construction and installation.
• Responds to support for special events, such as Town Cleanup days, Bennett Days, etc..
• Considerable knowledge of the methods, tools, equipment, and necessary safety precautions used in Public Works operations.
• Assists in identifying areas needing improvement. Identifies upcoming projects, and as needed work.
• Serves on-call as required. Responds to after-hour emergency calls in accordance with department policies.
• Prepare composite reports relating to employees, department goals, maintenance and project schedules, and financial management logs.
• Prepare and document budgetary requests relating to specific project/department needs.
• Must be organized with ability to complete and follow through on paperwork in a timely manner.
• Reading and interpreting plans, maps, diagrams and construction drawings.
• Maintaining detailed and accurate records.
• Knowledge of relevant computer applications
• Other duties as assigned.