- Job Function: Public Works Director
- Salary: $85,000 - $105,000. DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 10,000
- Website: http://www.townofpecoscitytx.com/index.asp
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 18 2019
Deadline: Aug 31 2019
Email resume for immediate consideration to email@example.com
Are you ready to take the next step in your municipal career?
Do love exceeding expectations and delivering proactive customer service in everything you do?
Do you take pride in making sure your City’s services are enhancing the lives of citizens everyday?
Then we want to talk to you!
We are Pecos City Texas, the number one Micropolitan in the country. Situated in West Texas adjacent to the Permian Basin we are growing and hiring an experienced Public Works Director. This position is responsible for all Public Works employees and functions. We need an engaged leader with a desire to help shape the next generation of services for this dynamic community.
What we are looking for….
1. Bachelor’s degree and three years Public Works Administrative experience or High School Diploma (or equivalent) and five years Public Works Administrative experience.
2. Eight to ten years operational experience as a Public Works Director or Assistant Public Works Director preferred.
3. Strong background in water, wastewater and solid waste.
4. Considerable knowledge of municipal government with three years experience in upper management capacity.
5. Proven experience related to team management and oversight of at least 40 employees.
6. Experience in water and wastewater treatment, water distribution and wastewater collection systems, streets and solid waste.
7. Possession of a license to practice as a professional civil engineer in the State of Texas -OR- Possession of, or ability to obtain within six months, Texas Class B licenses for BOTH Water and Wastewater.
8. Must possess a valid Texas Driver's License or acquire one within six (6) months. Must have a safe driving record.
9. Capital Improvements experience preferred
10. Asset management experience preferred.
11. Maintain active membership in the American Public Works Association required
What we offer…..
Generous Medical, Dental and Vision
Generous Paid Time Off policy
A Commitment to Ongoing Professional Development
Relocation is available