- Job Function: Other; Non-Department Head
- Salary: The starting salary range is $36,737.63 to $57,478.39 annually.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 43,475
- Website: http://www.charlottesville.org
- Where: 325 4th Street Northwest, Charlottesville, VA
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 8 2018
Deadline: Feb 28 2018
Application Deadline: February 28, 2018 at 5pm EST.
Apply online at: www.charlottesville.org/jobs
This position will administer the City's Minority Business Program (MBP) and perform procurements that range in complexity and provide professional and technical support for the Procurement and Risk Management Services Division.
•Cultivate and develop the City's federal and state Minority Business Program (MBP) to support the growth of the program. The MBP includes these businesses: under the federal program - Minority Business Enterprise (MBE), Women Business Enterprise (WBE), Disadvantaged Business (DBE), Veteran Business Enterprise (VBE), and Small Business Administration (SBA), AND under the state program – Small, Women-Owned and Minority-Owned businesses and Micro businesses (SWaM-O) and Service Disabled Veterans (VBE), Employment Service Organization (ESO) and any other businesses which are part of the City's MBP. Businesses covered by the City's MBP are herein called MBP businesses and/or vendors.
•Cultivating and developing the City's MBP includes, but is not limit to: Identifying and minimizing barriers that impede MBP Businesses from doing business with the City; Collecting and analyzing City department/division spend data in combination with collecting and analyzing MBP business certification data, and market to City departments/divisions to show MBP businesses that sell what departments buy; Identify saturated markets & unsaturated markets as areas of possible business growth for MBP businesses and provide meaningful data to Economic Development for their use in business development; Increase the City's contracting with MBP businesses and measure success; Provide internal and external MBP training.
•Serve as a Central Buyer and complete procurement processes using varying methods of procurement such as small purchase procedures, competitive sealed bidding, competitive negotiation, sole source, emergency and cooperative procurements.
•Evaluates the need for citywide and department specific term contracts based on analysis and assessment of purchase history and projection of future needs.
•Facilitates decentralized procurement program, and reviews purchases requested by decentralized buyers/end users under the City's small purchase procedures and approves or denies contracts (purchase orders) based on applicable procurement laws, ordinances, policies and regulations.
•Assists decentralized buyers/end users with the planning and scheduling of purchases, including the development of specifications and/or scope of work, and assists decentralized buyers/end users with Contract Administration procedures.
•Provides customer service to include assisting internal and external customers with various requests for assistance or information as needed, including Freedom of Information Act requests related to the MBP.
•Utilizes procurement resources to assist in making sound procurement decisions.
•Independently manages special projects as assigned within the division and performs related tasks as required.
•Represents the City at various trade shows and outreach events, and provides training to vendors on how to do business with the City.
•Conducts training for City departments on SAP purchasing functionality such as creating requisitions, purchase orders, contract purchases, receiving and the payment process. Assists decentralized buyers/end users with the SAP purchasing and inventory transactions.
•Acts a back-up to Buyer III
• Minimally requires an Associate's Degree in Business Administration or any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school supplemented by college level courses in business administration or related field.
• Minimum of two years of experience in procurement, construction, or business services to assist minority/women business enterprises; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
• Must be certified as a Virginia Contracting Officer, Certified Professional Public Buyer, Certified Professional Procurement Officer or other professional procurement certification within 3 years of employment start date.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.