- Job Function: Other Department Head/Director
- Salary: $95,180 - $152,297. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 67,000
- Where: 100 NW 1st Aven , Delray Beach, FL
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 15 2018
Deadline: Jun 29 2018
This is responsible professional and administrative work in the independent audit of financial data and operational procedures to determine both the adequacy and compliance of the City’s internal controls, accounting and financial management practices, and financial record keeping and reporting. Work is performed under the general direction of the City Commission.
• Develops, implements, schedules, assigns and updates an internal annual audit plan, including objectives and goals, and coordinates internal audit efforts with those of the independent public accountant and the Finance Director.
• Conducts a periodic review and appraisal of all departmental operations to determine compliance with applicable ordinances, regulations and laws.
• Advises the City Commission on a continuing basis of any fiscal or other operation within the City which should be reviewed.
• Provides for a review of the internal control of administrative and accounting mechanisms to ensure a sound administration and to deter the occurrence of fraudulent acts.
Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in accounting. Minimum of five years’ experience in auditing of financial accounting systems. Professional experience as an internal or external auditor of government accounting systems. Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) or Certified Public Accountant (CPA) required. Knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS) or Accounting Principles (GAAP). Knowledge of various internal auditing standards including; IIA and AICPA standards.