- Job Function: Personnel Director
- Salary: $115,914 - $136,199. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 81,055
- Where: 102 N. Neil St FL 4n, Champaign, IL
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 29 2018
The City of Champaign seeks an experienced and innovative professional to serve as Human Resources Director. The City of Champaign, Illinois, is a vibrant and diverse micro-urban community located in east Central Illinois. With more than 500 employees, the Human Resources Director position is a great opportunity to transform how people live, work, and play in our community.
Responsibilities of Position
The Human Resources Director is an expert in public sector human resources and an integral member of the City’s executive management team, providing advice to the City organization in the allocation and utilization of human capital to deliver outstanding service to our community. The Director plans and administers the activities of the Human Resources Department which includes responsibility for the City’s recruitment and retention, employee compensation and benefits, collective bargaining, performance evaluation, discipline, training and employee development, and risk management activities. The Human Resources Director must personify the City values of Personal Integrity, Responsibility, Respect, Teamwork, and Results. The City of Champaign is committed to promoting a work environment and a community that values and supports diversity and inclusion.
• Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Organizational Development or a closely related field.
• Five years of progressively responsible experience in collective bargaining, disciplinary/regulatory investigations, employee compensation and benefits, or performance management in a comparably-sized municipality or organization, at least three of which must be in a managerial or supervisory capacity.
• A combination of education and experience that demonstrates the knowledge, skills, and abilities required of the position will be considered.
• Residency within the City of Champaign’s corporate limits is required within six months of appointment.
• Master’s degree in Human Resources, Public Administration, Labor Relations, Organizational Development or a closely related field.
• Leadership experience in municipal, state, or federal government human resources.
• Experience directing at a Department Head or Assistant Department Head level.
• Human Resources certification from HRCI, SHRM, IPMA-HR or other related professional certification.
The annual starting salary range is $115,914 - $136,199, DOQ, plus an excellent benefits package. For full consideration, apply by July 22, 2018.
Learn more and consider joining our team! Review the position profile and application instructions at champaignil.gov/HRDirector.