- Job Function: Other; Non-Department Head
- Salary: Starting between $56,492.80 and $93,213.12
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 43,475
- Where: 605 East Main Street, Charlottesville, VA
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 14 2019
Application Deadline: Continuous/Open Until Filled
The Department of Neighborhood Development Services is seeking a qualified candidate to join our team as the Housing Program Coordinator who is highly motivated and who strives for success by demonstrating Charlottesville's Core Values of Leadership, Trust, Creativity, Respect, and Excellence.
Performs responsible professional work in the handling of a variety of assignments in the Planning/Housing & Grants Division of Neighborhood Development Services (NDS) and does related work as required. Work is performed under the regular supervision of the Assistant Director of NDS and supervision is exercised over subordinate personnel. Primarily and most frequently, work done is performed independently with diverse functional aptitude related to affordable housing, grants, and planning. The ability to effectively communicate with and train others is incumbent.
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to a Bachelors degree from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum 5 years of progressive professional work in affordable housing policy, planning and development related work.)
- Master's Degree in Public Administration, Policy Studies, Planning, Architecture or closely related field is preferred.
- Housing Development Finance Certification or equivalent preferred.
- Additional preferences are: Work experience with managing projects which involve politically sensitive or controversial issues. Senior level work experience in an office/department/division of housing for a city or county, housing trust, Low Income Housing Tax Credit (LIHTC) entity, housing authority, public housing management company, or non-profit housing provider, resource leveraging. Senior level work experience within the non-profit or for-profit affordable housing development arena.
TO APPLY: to view the complete job posting and to apply, visit our employment website listed. Applications are only accepted online through our employment website. The City of Charlottesville is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Values Diversity at All Levels of its Workforce.