- Job Function: Other Department Head/Director
- Salary: $86,365 - $121,182.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 5,305
- Website: http://vailgov.com
- Where: 75 S Frontage Road Wn, Vail, CO
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jan 24 2018
See the full job posting and apply at https://careers-vailgov.icims.com/jobs/1234/housing-director/job Questions? Please contact Krista Miller (email@example.com or 970-479-3512) or Aryn Schlichting (firstname.lastname@example.org or 970-479-2118) in our Human Resource Department.
We invite you to learn more about joining our team as the Director of Housing…
The Town of Vail is far from being just another municipality. Vail, which is centrally located in the Rocky Mountains, offers easy access to Denver and is surrounded by the White River National Forest, offering world class outdoor activities in summer and winter (skiing, snowboarding, hiking, biking, white water). Vail has become not only a great place to visit, but an even better place to live.
When it comes to making an impact, the Town of Vail offers unparalleled opportunity to do so in our spectacular mountain community. Due to our growth and dedication to community the Town of Vail is now hiring a Housing Director, to drive the town’s mission and efforts as the leader in resort community housing policy and practice. Under the leadership of the Town Manager, this position is responsible for providing day-to-day management, leadership and operations of the Housing Department, in addition to serving as liaison to the Vail Local Housing Authority (“Housing Authority”). The Director of Housing is responsible for maintaining and sustaining community through the creation and support of resident housing (and workforce housing) within the Town of Vail, and as situations may allow, beyond the Town’s corporate boundaries. This position will assist the Housing Authority in the implementation of policy, project oversight, negotiations for acquisitions of deed restrictions, and other aspects related to development of the Town’s long-range housing policies and action plans. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a newly created department (the current housing administration is enveloped within the Community Development Department) and make immediate contribution toward this highly-prioritized program.
The housing director works with many stakeholders such as Town Council, internal departments, consultants, developers, architects, the Housing Authority, and community members to ensure that projects and programs are well planned and executed, on time, and within budget. Examples of job duties & opportunities include:
• Provide oversight and full management of all the Town of Vail’s initiated public housing projects and programs (ex. Chamonix, Timber Ridge Village, Vail InDEED, etc.).
• Proactively proposes, evaluates and executes residential and affordable housing successful strategies for implementation; projects will include both the creation of the housing itself as well as identifying future needs, attracting investors, developers and homebuyers.
• Promote the importance of resident housing within the community.
• Ensure long range housing related planning documents remain pertinent, relevant and up-to-date so that the community’s housing needs are addressed and make recommendations for improvements when necessary.
• Identify and search out financial resources and ongoing sources of funding the Town’s resident housing programs and housing projects. In addition to managing the Housing department budget.
Our commitment is to provide vision, leadership, efficiency, transparency, accountability and fiscal responsibility. Our values include respect, trust, integrity, innovation, collaboration, and environmental stewardship.
Salary Range: $86,365 - $121,182 + Excellent Benefits
See the full job posting and apply at https://careers-vailgov.icims.com/jobs/1234/housing-director/job