- Job Function: Fire Chief
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 19,500
- Where: PO Box 1642n, Keller, TX
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Aug 2 2018
Deadline: Aug 31 2018
Additional information and the application can be found online at https://www.governmentresource.com/Golden_Fire_Chief.pdf and the City’s website: www.cityofgolden.net For specific information on this position contact: Bill Peterson Senior Vice President, SGR Executive Recruitment Bill@GovernmentResource.com
The beautiful City of Golden, Colorado, is seeking its next Fire Chief to lead the Golden Fire Department (GFD). Located at the base of the Rocky Mountains on the western edge of the Denver metropolitan area, Golden offers the finest in small city living and work environments and is consistently ranked as one of the top areas to live in Colorado.
The Golden Fire Department seeks a Fire Chief who shares the passion to serve not just any city, but the City of Golden, and all of its unique attributes. Expect very little time at a desk; Golden’s Fire Chief is a hands-on leader who is fully engaged with the team and dedicated to achieving the department’s mission to provide the highest level of customer service. The next Fire Chief should be a professional command level fire officer, and should have extensive knowledge in fire suppression, emergency medical services, and specialty rescue and emergency management, along with an understanding of the complexities involved with the operation of a combination fire department.
Golden’s next Fire Chief should possess proven management and leadership skills, be an open and positive communicator, a team player, and possess the interpersonal skills to foster productive internal relationship among all stakeholders in the organization.
Requirements include a bachelor’s degree with major coursework in the field of fire science, fire administration, business or public administration, or a related field (master's degree preferred). A minimum of ten years of broad and extensive supervisory experience in the fire service, with a minimum of five years of demonstrated administrative management/leadership experience is required. Experience with a combination paid/volunteer fire department is a plus. Graduation from the Executive Fire Officer program of the National Fire Academy and certification as a Chief Fire Officer (CFO) from the Commission on Professional Credentialing are preferred.
The successful candidate must possess or have the ability to obtain:
• A valid State of Colorado driver's license with a good driving record.
• The certification of “Executive Fire Administrator” from the Colorado Division of Fire Prevention and Control within one year of hire.
• Current IFSAC or NPQB Certification as a Fire Officer III or IV (preferred).
• Knowledge of local and state laws relating to fire, EMS policies, and local and national fire codes is essential.
• Exceptional negotiating skills and a thorough knowledge of fire inspection and investigative procedures (required).
• Demonstrated experience in commanding and managing large emergency scenes under the Incident Command System (preferred).
Ability to pass a background check and security requirements is required for this position.