- Job Function: Finance Director
- Salary: $83,171 - $99,829.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 280,895
- Website: http://www.ingham.org
- Where: Ste 2102n5303 S Cedar St, Lansing, MI
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 5 2018
Under the direction of the Ingham County Board of Commissioners, serves at the pleasure of the County Controller/Administrator to oversee the accounting, payables, payroll, grant and insurance reporting functions of the County. Recommends related policies and is responsible for preparation of County financial statement and various financial analysis projects.
1. Develops and administers financial policies for the Board of Commissioners and all county departments and agencies.
2. Manages accounting policies for all county operating funds, special purpose construction and operating grant funds, trust funds, capitol improvement funds and other funds which are deposited with the Ingham County Treasurer.
3. Supervises grant recording of expenditures and revenues and financial reporting thereof.
4. Oversees and directs special financial analysis such as the internally prepared cost allocation plan and internal audits.
5. Oversees the general ledger, payroll and accounts payable processing. Oversees testing, implementation and modifications of the related software.
6. Responsible for required IRS payroll reports, as well as retirement, deferred compensation, and flexible benefit plan reports and payments.
7. Monitors departments and agencies to ensure compliance with State requirements and generally accepted accounting principles.
8. Oversees the accounting practices for Drain Commissioner Component Unit.
9. Oversees preparation of the internally prepared Ingham County Comprehensive Annual Financial Report in compliance with accounting standards established by the Governmental Accounting Standard Board (GASB).
10. Is a member of the Deferred Compensation Committee, responsible for assessing the administration of the plan and its investments.
11. Is a member of the County Retiree Health Insurance Trust Board, responsible for investing the assets of the County’s OPEB Trust.
12. Is responsible for the administration of all the employee benefits including health, dental, vision and life insurance.
13. Is responsible for the County’s property and liability coverage, claim processing and IBNR annual calculations.
14. Is responsible for the financial administration of the County’s worker’s compensation self-insurance fund.
15. Is responsible for the reconciliation of all cash and bank accounts (maintained by the Treasurer’s office) to the County’s general ledger system.
16. May attend Budget and Finance Committee meetings.
17. Oversees and provides guidance for the Annual Single Audit and all follow-up issues with Federal Departments.
18. Is responsible for the safekeeping of the Ingham County financial data input to the computer system.
19. Responsible for issuing required reports in a timely manner, such as 1099’s, W-2s and 1095 forms.
20. Provides accounting expertise and assistance to County component units and departments.