- Job Function: Finance Director; Budget Director
- Salary: $98 - $120. DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 9,088
- Where: PO Box 2000n, Georgetown, CO
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 15 2018
Interested applicants should follow the instructions for applying on the County\'s website at: http://www.co.clear-creek.co.us/Jobs.aspx?UniqueId=100&From=All&CommunityJobs=False&JobID=Finance-Director-109
Under general direction of the County Manager, this position optimizes the financial performance of the County in order to fulfill the Commissioners’ priorities and goals and is responsible for the planning, organizing, and directing all of the finance operations and implementing the County’s financial, accounting, budgeting and purchasing policies and directives. Evaluates and advises County Manager and the Board of County Commissioners on long range financial planning and provides clear, succinct and accurate data for fiscal decision making along with timely and reliable reports on the County’s financial status and budgetary performance. Provides leadership, direction, and supervision to personnel in the Finance Department. Communicates and works closely with other departments and elected offices and assists in ensuring effective administration and implementation of budget and financial policy and protocol. Assures the County’s financial compliance with state and federal laws, establishes and maintains internal controls, coordinates and manages the budget process, and prepares the comprehensive annual financial report and oversees the financial reporting for grant contracts. Leads the finance audit team and is responsible for the annual audit process.
PRINCIPAL JOB DUTIES:
• Compile, analyze and otherwise manage the County budget(s) for all funds, including the preparation of the annual budget(s) and long range budget projections.
• Develop/implement methods, techniques, and training needed to assure that adequate financial projections can be made to reflect long range management strategy desired by the Board of County Commissioners.
• Develop long range operational and capital finance plans and take a proactive approach to positioning the County’s response to financial impacts resulting from changing economic conditions and legislative actions.
• Provide leadership and direction on financial, budgetary and other related components of the organization.
• Be an active and engaged member of the County Leadership Team.
• Supervise and prepare the Comprehensive Annual Financial Report.
• Participate in special projects as assigned and respond to special financial information requests as required to include researching and preparing reports and projects, developing and implementing programs, and presenting technical data to management, elected officials, and others.
• Recommend and establish policy and procedures for all County financial transactions including ethics.
• Provide Department Heads and Elected Officials with financial management tools which inform them of financial status and depicts where there are problematic or potential problem areas of financial activity and performance.
• Provide exemplary customer service, both internal and external to the Organization.
• Adhere to all County policies and procedures and all laws and regulations as they pertain to the management of assigned area
• Supervise the annual financial audit.
• Develop, coordinate and implement the Finance Department annual work plan and ensure timely implementation.
• Supervise miscellaneous cash receipts process.
• Supervise voucher approval process, and review weekly warrant registers.
• Oversee and review all expenditures of awarded grant funds.
• Hire, assign, schedule, evaluate and direct work of subordinates.
• Ensure subordinates receive training to render effective service to the department, the organization, and the public.
• Appraise performance of subordinates.
• Assist and guide subordinate employees in problematic areas. Initiate appropriate disciplinary actions if necessary.
• Performs other duties as apparent or assigned.
Clear Creek County is an ADAAA/EEO employer