- Job Function: Finance Director
- Salary: $100,000 - $120,000.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 15,000
- Where: 110 E 6th Street Pecos Texas
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 26 2019
Do you have public finance experience? Do you want to make a real impact and build a career?
Then we are looking for you. The Town of Pecos City has an amazing opportunity for the right individual.
We are looking for a Finance Director who wants to be a real leader and help shape this growing city.
Do you want to work in a place that Forbes named number two on its list of fastest growing small towns in America?
Pecos was voted number one Micropolitan City in the country 2018!
Then we want to talk to you!
What we are looking for:
A leader with limited direction, performs a variety of complex supervisory, professional, and technical accounting and finance functions in maintaining the fiscal records and systems of the City.
This position is responsible for developing and monitoring the City’s operating and capital budgets under the direction of the City Manager and in partnership with departmental directors. The position is also responsible for the oversight of all financial operations, including accounts payable, payroll, accounts receivable, cash and investment management, financial reporting, and asset inventory.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Knowledge of municipal accounting and auditing including enterprise funds; Considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS); considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
• Knowledge of principles and practices of municipal finance administration including budget preparation.
• Knowledge of statistical methods, economics, financial system design and analysis.
• Knowledge of principles of supervision and management, including participative management.
• Ability to apply sound administrative and fiscal practices.
• Ability to write clear, concise, yet comprehensive explanatory text to accompany financial reports.
• Ability to develop manual and computerized financial systems.
• Ability to prepare accounting/financial data projections.
• Ability to present ideas effectively orally and in writing.
• Ability to supervise the work of finance staff including, but not limited to: coordinating, assigning, monitoring and evaluating work; hiring, training, counseling and disciplining staff; dealing with employee and citizen complaints and grievances.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective workplace relationships with staff, departments, city officials and the public.
• Skill in effective, clear, concise and persuasive oral and written communications about the City’s finances to individuals and groups.
• Ability to act as an advisor to the City Council and City Manager.
• Understanding of the City’s political environment and sensitivities; ability to function effectively within that environment.
• Ability to direct the Finance Department with minimal supervision from the City Manager.
Five (5) years or more years of progressively responsible related accounting experience in a position in a city or county of comparable size, scope and complexity to the Town of Pecos City.
B) Or any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
Certified Public Account (CPA) or Certified Pubic Finance Officer (CPFO)
Must hold and maintain a valid Texas State Driver’s license or obtain one within six months of hire.
Must be bondable.
Please send resume with cover letter and salary range to KIrey@pecostx.gov.