- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager); Other Department Head/Director
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Where: 100 N 15th Aven, Phoenix, AZ
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Oct 26 2018
Create a job profile at azstatejob.gov Search for Job ID number: 42180 or click: https://azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=2LBQ
Arizona Department of Administration
100 N. 15th Avenue,
Phoenix AZ 85007
The Arizona Department of Administration is a state government agency dedicated to enabling, and in many cases, enhancing our customers’ ability to conduct their business. The primary customers of ADOA include Arizona State government agencies (consisting of about 100 state agencies, boards, and commissions) and Arizona State employees. The mission of ADOA is to deliver effective and efficient enterprise support services to agencies allowing them to focus more on their unique missions. ADOA is responsible for many of the centralized functions of the State; truly serving as the hub of state government. The Executive Director position provides leadership, strategic planning, supervision, coordination, and integration of all Department functions and divisions including: Information Technology, statewide accounting, facilities and physical structures, human resources and benefits, risk management, and procurement. The position also serves as a pivotal administrative arm of the Governor's Office, implementing policy and practice in close coordination with the Executive Branch.
Coordination with the Governor’s Office
Plans, controls, and directs the general operations of State government through the agencies reporting directly to the Governor, ensuring that they operate in accordance with Executive and Legislative mandates.
Represent the Agency and/or the Governor’s Office
Represents the agency and/or the Governor’s Office on a broad range of issues before the Legislature, committees established by the Governor, groups of citizens, representatives of local, regional, and national government, the news media and other state agency leaders.
Strategic Alignment of ADOA Operations
Working through the ADOA Deputy Directors, plans, controls, and directs the internal operations of ADOA to ensure the efficient and effective delivery of quality services.
Advance the Arizona Management System and other key Initiatives
Working through the Government Transformation Office, the Governor’s Cabinet, and the Goal Councils, promoting and advancing the implementation of the Arizona Management System and other strategic initiatives across the enterprise.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs):
• Statutes, rules, regulations applicable to the operations of state government
• Legislative processes
• Budgetary processes
• Services provided by various state agencies
• Arizona Management System
• Leadership and motivation
• Consensus building and negotiation
• Strategic planning
• Management problem solving
• Oral and written communication and public speaking
• Work with internal and external stakeholders, diverse individuals, and difficult customers
• Remain flexible and work expeditiously in a fast-paced environment
• Read, comprehend, and analyze complex information and make recommendations based on that information
• Inspire, mentor, and guide subordinate staff and agency employees to achieve positive outcomes
• Present statements of fact, law, and argument clearly and logically in written and oral form
• Master’s Degree in Public Administration or similar degree
• Five years or more of administrative or professional experience leading a major division, agency, or municipality
• Demonstrable experience in managing and navigating complex programs with diverse and sometimes contentious stakeholders
Requires possession of and ability to retain a current, valid state-issued driver license appropriate to the assignment. Employees who drive on state business are subject to driver license record checks, required to maintain acceptable driving records and complete any required driver training (see Arizona Administrative Code R2-10-207.12).
The Arizona Department of Administration offers a comprehensive benefits package to include:
• Sick leave
• Vacation with 10 paid holidays per year
• Health and dental insurance
• Retirement plan
• Life insurance and long-term disability insurance
• Optional employee benefits include short-term disability insurance, deferred compensation plans, and supplemental life insurance
Positions in this classification participate in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS).
Please note, enrollment eligibility will become effective after 27 weeks of employment.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact Shelia Wiggins-Wayne at firstname.lastname@example.org or 602-542-4769 for assistance.
Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation such as a sign language interpreter or an alternative format by contacting 602-542-5482. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. Arizona State Government is an AA/EOE/ADA Reasonable Accommodation Employer.
See link for position details https://azstatejobs.azdoa.gov/ltmprod/xmlhttp/shorturl.do?key=2LBQ