- Job Function: Division Manager
- Salary: $95,819 - $116,482. Annually
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 483,878
- Website: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sonoma
- Where: Santa Rosa, CA
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 6 2018
Deadline: Feb 27 2018
For more information & to apply online, visit www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. EOE Apply by 2/27/18!
The County of Sonoma is seeking an experienced benefits professional to join the Human Resources Department's Management Team. This is a great opportunity for an outgoing, proactive, and self-directed employee benefits professional to manage a variety of benefits and wellness programs.
What the Position Offers
In addition to a competitive starting salary, expansive opportunities for growth and development, being part of a challenging and rewarding work environment that offers continuous training and education, and the satisfaction of knowing that you are working to better the communities of our region, you can look forward to some excellent benefits*, including:
• A cash allowance of approximately $600 a month
• An annual Staff Development/Wellness Benefit allowance of $1,500
• Eligibility for a 5% salary increase after 1040 hours (approximately 6 months when working full-time) for good work performance; eligibility for a 5% salary increase every year thereafter for good work performance, until reaching the top of the salary range
• Approximately five weeks of annual vacation & administrative leave accrual, and increased accrual rates with longevity; 11 holidays per year; and generous sick leave accruals
• Choice of five health plans with a County contribution
• Defined retirement benefit plan fully integrated with Social Security
• County contribution to a Retiree Health Reimbursement Arrangement
*Benefits described herein do not represent a contract and may be changed without notice.
About the Position
The Employee Benefits Manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation, management, administration, marketing, and communication of all health and welfare benefit programs provided to County of Sonoma employees, retirees, and their dependents – a customer base of over 10,000 lives. Benefit programs include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, Employee Assistance Program (EAP), IRC Section 125 flexible spending programs, and Health Reimbursement Arrangements (HRA).
The position is expected to successfully meet short and long-term objectives, to identify process efficiencies by maximizing the use of the County's Human Resources Information System (HRIS) for benefit administration, to analyze and review trends within the benefits industry, and to ensure legal compliance. Confidentiality, discretion, and diplomacy are essential to this position.
The Employee Benefits Manager leads a team of seven full-time staff and is responsible for the work of various consultants, program vendors, and support resources. The successful candidate will be someone who has proven experience in managing a complex and integrated benefits program, achieving workflow efficiencies, and exercising the leadership necessary to foster a positive work environment that encourages collaboration, continuous improvement, and ongoing learning. The Manager works in partnership with the Employee/Labor Relations unit and employee bargaining units to identify ways to meet the benefit needs of the County, employees, and retirees.
The Ideal Candidate
In addition to specific Benefits-related knowledge, skills, and qualifications, the successful candidate will be a creative manager with vision, energy, and an innovative approach to meeting the benefit needs of a diverse and changing County workforce. The ideal candidate will also possess:
• Knowledge of current industry trends in employee benefits administration, including health, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, and health reimbursement arrangements
• The ability to identify, develop, and implement health care cost containment strategies
• Strong analytical skills; particularly in the areas of financial, accounting, and fiduciary analysis
• The ability to illustrate and communicate complex statistical data to executives, officials, employees, employee organization representatives, and other stakeholders
• Knowledge of current regulatory requirements affecting benefits administration, including COBRA, HIPAA, FMLA, HRA and other tax deferred and tax exempt benefit options, pursuant to the Internal Revenue Code, and the Affordable Care Act
• Certification in a related human resources discipline is an asset