- Job Function: Executive Director (Non-profit)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: $135,495 - $163,149. Annually
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 483,878
- Where: 575 Administration Dr Rm 104An, Santa Rosa, CA
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 9 2019
Deadline: Mar 4 2019
The County of Sonoma is accepting applications for this exciting opportunity through March 4, 2019. For more detailed information about the Economic Development Board, the position, the necessary qualifications, and instructions on how to apply, go to: www.yourpath2sonomacounty.org or call 707-565-2331. https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/sonoma/jobs/2348757/economic-development-board-executive-director?page=3&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs The County of Sonoma is an equal opportunity employer.
The Sonoma County Economic Development Board (EDB) provides services to encourage the startup, retention, and expansion of Sonoma County businesses and jobs by promoting Sonoma County as an attractive place to do business. The EDB fosters job growth by providing local businesses, including those in minority and undeserved communities, with tools to help them prosper while developing a workforce strategy driven by local employer needs. The EDB further maintains a sound economy by encouraging tourism through funding agreements with Sonoma County Tourism and visitor centers.
The Economic Development Board Executive Director strategically plans and coordinates the department’s programs and initiatives which are focused on supporting the growth and retention of businesses and employment within Sonoma County. The Executive Director establishes collaborative relationships between diverse community groups in order to build partnerships that support their common goals and long term strategic plans and priorities. Current priorities tasked to the Executive Director include:
• Executing the Strategic Sonoma Action Plan
• Growing the Sonoma County Impact Loan Fund
• Continuing to support the fund raising efforts of the Creative Sonoma Recovery Fund
• Launching the Talent Retention & Development Initiative
• Continuing development of the Cannabis Program
• Promoting entrepreneurship and economic diversification through Launch Sonoma
• Continuing the development of the Access Sonoma Broadband Program
The County of Sonoma is an equal opportunity employer.