- Job Function: Public Works Director
- Salary: $69,550 - $107,803.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 26,000
- Website: http://www.templeterrace.com
- Where: 11250 N 56th Street Temple Terrace, FL 33617
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Dec 27 2017
To apply, qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume to: Human Resources, City of Temple Terrace 11250 North 56th Street, Temple Terrace, FL 33617 or Email: HR@TempleTerrace.com
POSITION: DIRECTOR OF PUBLIC WORKS • Utilities
POSITION NO: 1.129
DEPARTMENT: Public Works
PAY GRADE: 97
SALARY RANGE: $69,550 - $107,803 Annually
This is highly responsible administrative and technical work directing operations and implementation of strategic objectives and goals for the Utilities and Engineering Divisions. Requires complex knowledge and managerial skills to oversee: Water/Sewer and Engineering Divisions. The Utilities Division includes Water Treatment, Water Distribution, Sewer Collection, Storm Water Collection Systems, and Natural Resources. The Engineering Division includes Engineering, Geographic Information System, and Right-of-Way Infrastructure Maintenance. Employee must exercise initiative, independent judgment, and discretion in carrying out the division’s daily operations. The employee must meet City and Department objectives by working effectively with field, technical, and supervisory personnel within Public Works and other City departments. This position requires the employee to be on-call for emergencies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Considerable knowledge of the components and appurtenances used for installing, operating, and maintaining water plants, wells, lift stations, water distribution and wastewater collection systems and maintenance equipment, tools, and materials.
- Extensive knowledge of materials, methods, practices, and equipment for designing, engineering, constructing, and maintaining water plant and distribution systems.
- Working knowledge of computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Thorough knowledge of effective management principles, practices, and methods for operating a municipal water system.
- Knowledge of practices and equipment used for directing potable water treatment and plant operations.
- Ability to determine long-range expansion and reconstruction needs; plan and organize work.
- Ability to effectively supervise and instruct a large, diverse group of employees in various activities and programs.
- Ability to effectively appraise the City’s needs and make recommendations.
- Ability to supervise and instruct a large, diverse group of employees.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Ability to prepare and effectively track administrative and technical reports.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with officials, employees, and the public.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, push, and maneuver materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
Training, Certification, and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, supplemented with college level courses in engineering, public or business administration, environmental sciences (water and wastewater), or related fields.
- Minimum five years or more progressively responsible experience in Public Works or a related field and three years supervisory and management experience in a major Public Works Division.
- Or, an equivalent combination of training and experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
To apply, qualified applicants should submit cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources, City of Temple Terrace
11250 North 56th Street, Temple Terrace, FL 33617
or Email: HR@TempleTerrace.com
The City of Temple Terrace is a drug-free workplace.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal history background investigation, and a driver’s license verification may be conducted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE EMPLOYER