- Job Function: Finance Director
- Salary: $120,948 - $146,988. Plus Generous Benefits
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 24,714
- Website: http://www.sfcity.org
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 7 2019
Deadline: Jun 28 2019
Please submit a cover letter, employment application and resume. Visit the City's website for an application.
As part of the City’s executive team, this position reports directly to the City Manager; administers the City’s financial affairs as provided in the City Code; plans, directs, manages and oversees the activities and operations of the Finance Department, including Citywide financial, long-term debt financing, accounting, budgeting, pre-auditing, purchasing and disbursement services; supervises eight staff members; manages and participates in the development of annual City budgets, as well as supervises the maintenance of necessary budgetary controls; ensures that the City’s financial needs are met; and provides a high level of technical and complex financial support in the accounting functions of the City and Successor Agency to the Redevelopment Agency; oversees computer, information and communication system purchases, operations and maintenance.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess the following characteristics:
• Proven track record in municipal budgeting, accounting, and financing.
• Excellent management and customer service skills.
• Honest and ethical, and demonstrates the highest standards of professional conduct.
• Strong interpersonal skills and able to effectively guide, inspire and motivate Finance Department staff.
• Strong analytical and presentation skills.
• Able to maintain open communication with staff and City officials and work cooperatively toward achieving the goals of the City.
Any combination equivalent to the following:
• Requires five years of progressively responsible experience in performing complex financial, statistical and budgetary analyses; at least three of which were at a senior manager level in a municipality or governmental agency; or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business or Public Administration, or a closely related field, is required.
• A Master’s degree in Business or Public Administration is preferred.