- Job Function: Finance Director
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 703,462
- Where: 18 N County Street Waukegan, IL 60085
- Form of Government: County council-elected executive
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Mar 26 2018
Candidates should apply online with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references at once to www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Heidi Voorhees President GovHR USA, LLC, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240. Resume review will begin immediately, interviews expected to occur beginning of May,2018, but the position will remain open until filled.
Lake County, IL (pop. 703,462) located in northeastern Illinois along the shore of Lake Michigan, 30 miles north of Chicago, seeks a progressive local government finance executive with proven leadership skills as candidates for its next Director of Finance/CFO. Lake County residents enjoy a tremendous quality of life that provides just the right balance between work and play – from beautiful recreational areas and waterways, outstanding forest preserves, to superb shopping experiences, and other entertainment venues, to top notch schools, and global industry that help make its economy strong. Lake County promises the comforts of the suburbs with the pleasure of the city. To learn more about what makes Lake County special, visit www.LakeCountyLife.org.
Please consider the following information about this exciting position:
• Lake County is a large, complex organization consisting of more than 30 departments and divisions that provide services including law enforcement, water and sewerage treatment, public health, criminal justice, transportation, public works, land use planning, building inspections, and emergency management. The county is professionally managed by an appointed County Administrator, has 2,700 employees, a $500 million budget and is governed by a 21-member elected Board. Lake County maintains AAA ratings from Moody’s and Standard and Poor’s and annually receives GFOA recognition for the Budget and the Audit.
• Reporting to the County Administrator, the CFO an integral part of the executive team. We seek someone who does more than balance budgets and provide fiscal oversight. We want someone who looks to the future, manages long term fiscal plans, works to identify strategies to improve performance and the outcomes for the people we serve. The CFO collaborates with the elected and appointed officials on budgets, daily operations and operating strategies. The County has enacted strong policies and procedures reflecting its fiscal discipline.
• This is a key leader in our management team. The incumbent spent over 15 years in this position and left for an amazing opportunity to be the CFO in a world class non-profit. This position also could lead many different projects and functions. It directly oversees Budget, controller, purchasing, support services, and internal audit. It also serves in a leadership role on projects such as ERP implementation, bond issuance and management, tax incentives, TIF projects and many, many more.
• Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, business, public administration, or related field, with an MPA/MBA or CPA desired. Position further requires ten years’ experience of which eight years is progressively responsible experience in government budget, finance and accounting activities. Candidates must also have excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with professional staff throughout the county organization.
Starting salary range is negotiable but in the hiring range of $160,000 - $175,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Candidates should apply online with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references at once to www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Heidi Voorhees President GovHR USA, LLC, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240. Resume review will begin immediately, interviews expected to occur beginning of May,2018, but the position will remain open until filled.