- Job Function: Finance Director; Administrative Services Director
- Salary: $82,340 - $119,393.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 17,233
- Website: http://www.myseminole.com/
- Where: 9199 113th Street Northn, Seminole, FL
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 8 2018
Apply online at: https://cityofseminole.has-jobs.com/director-of-administration-seminole/190809/0 Or contact Erica Ottmann at firstname.lastname@example.org for the alternate application form.
Director of Administration:
The City of Seminole is seeking qualified candidates for the Director of Administration position. The Director of Administration will serve as the City’s Chief Financial Officer. The Director of Administration is also responsible for managing staff, equipment, materials, programs, and budget for the Department of Administration, and the Finance, Recreation, and Library Divisions.
Additional responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Developing, preparing, and presenting the annual operating and capital expenditure budgets
• Ensuring compliance with expenditures during the fiscal year
• Assisting in budget formulation for other departments and divisions
• Preparing and presenting financial reports to City Council and City Manager
• Coordinating the implementation and timely completion of all aspects of the City's annual audit
Graduation from an accredited four (4) year college or university with a Bachelor's Degree in Public Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or some other field that would qualify one to perform the essential functions of this position; and minimum of ten (10) years progressively, responsible experience in other related fields or some combination of these disciplines, with three (3) years in a supervisory capacity and with three (3) of those ten (10) in the public sector.
Requires strong administrative and management skills and some technical expertise in the management of professional, semi-professional and skilled staff. Considerable knowledge of modern techniques, methods, procedures, principles, and practices of all phases of Public Works, Planning, Personnel, Finance, Business Administration, and the demonstrated ability to apply them. Certified Government Finance Manager, preferred.
The salary range for this position is $82,340.02 - $119,393.02. Starting salary is dependent upon qualifications.
Drug Free Workplace, Equal Employment Opportunity, Veterans Preference.