- Job Function: Planning Director; Engineering Director
- Salary: $105,663 - $152,155.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 48,000
- Where: 39700 W Civic Center Plzn, Maricopa, AZ
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Oct 4 2018
***Please see the City of Maricopa website for full recruitment and application details https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cityofmaricopaaz. Applications will only be accepted via the City of Maricopa website. ***
The Development Services Department is responsible for the physical development of the City. The department was recently reorganized, the core service areas of the Development Services include: Building Services, Land Development, Permit Center, Neighborhood Services, and Planning and Zoning. The Development Services Department has a staff of 37 employees and an annual budget of $1.9 million.
The Development Services Director is an “at-will” executive position that serves at the pleasure of the City Manager. The primary function of this employee is to provide strategic direction thorough planning, managing and directing administrative, managerial, and supervisory work of the Development Services Department that includes the City's Planning, Engineering, and Building Divisions. Additionally, this employee oversees the management of regulatory affairs with public utility corporations. This position is responsible for determining departmental policies; long-term program planning; and managing the department's budget in accordance with the City ordinances, the City's personnel rules, and Federal and State regulations.
MINIMUM ENTRANCE QUALIFICATIONS
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or related field; and
• Ten (10) years progressively responsible experience in planning, development, city administration, or a related field including five (5)years of supervisory experience; and
• Valid Arizona Driver's License; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.