- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: $150,000 - $204,000.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 76,000
- Where: 415 South Pine Street , Walhalla, SC 29691
- Form of Government: County commission
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 11 2019
Job Title: County Administrator
Salary Range: $150,000---$204,000
Direct Reports: 476 Full-time; 25 Part-time
South Carolina law provides for the County Administrator form of government, which has been adopted by Oconee County. The Administrator is hired by County Council to serve as the County's chief administrative and executive officer. The Administrator serves with primary responsibility for all County operations. Elected officials do not report directly to the Administrator, but their budget and certain personnel policy matters do fall within the Administrator's scope of responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
1. Serves as chief administrative officer for County government.
2. Executes policies, directives, and legislative actions.
3. Directs and coordinates County operations.
4. Prepares operating and capital budgets, along with associated reporting.
5. Supervises and approves the expenditure of budgeted funds.
6. Prepares financial and administrative reports.
7. Administers personnel policy and Classification Plans.
8. Employs and discharges personnel.
9. Coordinates and implements public relations efforts.
Essential Job Duties are intended to be examples of duties and are not intended to be all inclusive. There will be other duties, as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Principles, methods, and techniques of public policy and decision making.
• Budget preparation and administration.
• Personnel management.
• Government funding sources and financing methodology and management.
• Mediation, negotiation, and public relations.
• Contract preparation and management.
• Succinct but thorough verbal and written communication.
• Supervising, training, and evaluating staff.
• Computer and software applications.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Preferred education: Completion of Master's degree (Public Administration or Business Administration).
Experience may be substituted for education.
Related-experience required: 5 years.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, OR REGISTRATIONS:
Certifications, licenses, professional designations, or other qualifications preferred for this position include:
• Master’s degree in Public Administration or Business Administration
• ICMA Credentialed Manager
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
The physical activities required for this position involve:
Standing: up to 2/3 of the time; walking: up to 2/3 of the time; sitting: over 2/3 of the time; using hands: up to 2/3 of the time; reaching with hands and arms: up to 2/3 of the time; climbing or balancing: none of the time; stooping, kneeling, crouching, or crawling: under 1/3 of the time; talking or hearing: over 2/3 of the time; and, tasting or smelling: none of the time.
This position requires lifting:
Up to 10 pounds: up to 2/3 of the time; up to 25 pounds: up to 2/3 of the time; up to 50 pounds: none of the time; up to 100 pounds: none of the time; and, more than 100 pounds: none of the time.
This position has the following special vision requirements:
• Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
• Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
• Color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors)
• Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up or down or to the left and right when vision is fixed on a given point)
• Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships)
• Ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus)
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
The following physical conditions and hazards may be encountered while working in this position:
• Indoor environment