- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City, County, Town Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $225,000 - $250,000. DOQE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 703,462
- Website: http://www.co.lake.il.us
- Form of Government: County Council-Elected Executive
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Aug 19 2019
Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references at once to www.GovHRJobs.com.
Lake County, IL (pop. 703,462) located in northeastern Illinois along the shore of Lake Michigan, 30 miles north of Chicago, seeks progressive leaders with proven collaborative skills as candidates for its County Administrator position. Lake County residents enjoy a tremendous quality of life that provides just the right balance between work and play – from beautiful recreational areas and waterways, outstanding forest preserves, to superb shopping experiences, and other entertainment venues, to top notch schools, and global industry that help make its economy strong. Lake County promises the comforts of the suburbs with the pleasure of the city. To learn more about what makes Lake County special, visit www.LakeCountyLife.org.
This is a new recruitment. The County Administrator hired in July 2019 has accepted a position as Director of Transportation for the State of North Dakota.
Please consider the following information about this exciting position:
• Lake County is a large, complex organization consisting of more than 30 departments and divisions that provide services including law enforcement, water and sewerage treatment, public health, criminal justice, transportation, public works, land use planning, building inspections, and emergency management. The county has 2,700 employees, a $500 million budget and is governed by a 21-member elected Board. Lake County maintains AAA ratings from Moody’s and Standard and Poor’s and annually receives GFOA recognition for the Budget and the Audit. The County has enacted strong policies and procedures reflecting its fiscal discipline.
• The County Administrator leads the executive team and collaborates closely with the elected department heads. The County is seeking candidates with strong strategic planning skills and the collaborative skills to implement strategies that will provide for a sustainable future for County residents, businesses and visitors.
• Minimum requirements include a bachelor’s degree in public policy, business, planning, or related field, with an MPA/MBA strongly desired. Position further requires ten years’ experience of which eight years is progressively responsible experience as an assistant, deputy, manager or administrator in an organization of similar size and/or complexity. Candidates from the non-profit or private sector who have a deep understanding of government operations are encouraged to apply. Candidates must also have excellent communication skills with the ability to work collaboratively and effectively with elected officials and professional staff throughout the county organization.
Starting salary range is negotiable but in the hiring range of $225,000 - $250,000 depending on qualifications and experience. Send resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references at once to www.GovHRJobs.com to the attention of Heidi Voorhees President GovHRUSA, LLC, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240.