- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 48,946
- Where: 7 Court Street, Belmont, NY 14813
- Form of Government: County commission
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 5 2019
Deadline: Feb 28 2019
Please submit your resume, cover letter, and list of references to: Tim Boyde County Administrator 7 Court Street County Office Building, Room 207 Belmont, NY 14813
Allegany County is seeking qualified candidates for appointment to the position of County Administrator. The candidate must be a permanent resident of Allegany County within six months of appointment and must maintain county residency during the length of employment.
Salary is commensurate with experience and education. Allegany County offers excellent employment benefits including affordable health insurance and membership in the New York State retirement plan.
The County Administrator is directly responsible to the fifteen-member Board of Legislators and performs the function of chief administrative officer.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
• Implementing Board directives;
• Developing and providing recommendations for policy, procedures, and government operations;
• General supervision of all County departments and agencies;
• General direction of all labor relations activities, including the responsibility for collective bargaining, contract administration, grievance processing, and the administration of county work rules;
• Providing recommendation to the Board for approval of all bills, vouchers, and claims; and
• May also serve as the separately appointed County Budget Officer and County Auditor.
• Possession of a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with seven years paid full-time management experience in a private or public business or industrial enterprise; or
• Possession of a Master of Public Administration or Master of Business Administration Degree with five years paid full-time management experience in a private or public business or industrial enterprise; or
• An equivalent combination of education, training, and managerial experience listed above.