- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City, County, Town Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $140,000 - $175,000.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Website: http://www.adaweb.net/
- Form of Government: County Commission
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 13 2019
Deadline: Jul 9 2019
APPLICATION MATERIALS: Apply online at adacounty.id.gov/jobs
This position is responsible for providing assistance to the Board of County Commissioners for fiscal and budget related matters, and ensuring effective management of all non-elected departments. The County Administrator serves the public along with the board, establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with residents, other agencies, offices and organizations to further the county's mission.
• Provide a balanced preliminary budget with justification for all recommendations made to the Board to include; revenue expenditures and reserves;
• Facilitates strategic planning with non-elected department heads in conjunction with the Board's overall county vision;
• Assist the Board in developing and implementing County goals and strategic objectives to promote long term planning;
• Synthesizing information into reports and making appropriate recommendations to the Board
• Develop and maintain professional relationships with all County Elected Officials to support continuity and accomplishment of County goals and objectives;
• Develop and maintain strong, cooperative working relationships with department heads and staff in support of Board approved County objectives;
• Provide comprehensive management and oversight of Master Facilities Plan projects;
• In coordination with Human Resources, perform annual performance reviews for non-elected department heads;
• Performs other duties as assigned by the Board of County Commissioners.
• Master's degree from an accredited university in public administration, business administration or related field required, or equivalent combination of education and experience;
• At least 10 years of progressive experience managing a large and diverse public agency/organization with a complex budget with multiple lines of business and sources of funding;
• Experience identifying goals and achieving outcomes and strategic results;
• Experience preparing, presenting, and implementing balanced organizational budgets;
• Experience demonstrating strong verbal and written communication skills in a leadership role, including the ability to effectively convey information through presentations to individuals, small groups, and large audiences, including elected officials;
• Strong Comprehension of the principles of budget preparation and control;
• Strong leadership track record and substantial knowledge of the principles of management and supervision;
• Knowledge of internal control procedures;
• Knowledge of the general laws and administrative policies governing County financial practices and procedures;
• Knowledge of the general principles and methodology of business management functions;
• Thorough knowledge of the principles, methods, and techniques of public administration, organizational development, and government funding sources and financing methods;
• Ability to analyze complex problems and recommend alternative solutions; and prepare and implement short and long-range strategic plans, including considerations of budgetary and public impact;
• Ability to analyze and make sound recommendations relating to complex financial, business, budget, and administrative matters;
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with other employees at all levels;
• Ability to supervise and evaluate the work of others;
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing;
• Ability to produce accurate and timely information.
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
• Work is performed primarily in an office environment and the employee in this class is subject to inside environmental conditions;
• May be required to lift up to 20 lbs.;
• Requires sufficient personal mobility and physical reflexes, which permits the employee to function in a general office environment to accomplish tasks.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential functions satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being assigned to this job. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of individuals in the job. This job description is not an employment agreement and/or an expressed or implied employment contract. Management has the exclusive right to alter this job description at any time without notice. Ada County provides Veteran's Preference for all County jobs except for those deemed "key positions" in accordance with Title 65, Chapter 5 of Idaho Code.