- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: $120,000 - $145,000. +/- DPQE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 86,986
- Website: http://www.grandtraverse.org
- Where: 400 Boardman Avenue Traverse City, Michigan 49684
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 6 2018
Deadline: Mar 16 2018
Apply online at www.govhrusa.com/current-positions/recruitment with resume, cover letter, contact information and five (5) professional references by March 16, 2018; to the attention of Jaymes Vettraino, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road, Suite 130, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240.
Grand Traverse County , MI (pop. 92,084) County Seat: Traverse City. Grand Traverse County is one of the fastest growing counties in Michigan due to its ideal balance of downtown amenities surrounded by pristine natural resources. The County maintains a high quality of life in one of the Midwest’s most striking settings with a vibrant downtown community, a strong agricultural industry and extensive year-round recreational opportunities along 69 miles of Great Lake shoreline. Grand Traverse businesses and residents have a passion for their community, actively participating in community events and community building programs. The County is known for its world class cherries and wine, and is quickly becoming a center for hops and brewing. Home to the Cherry Capital Airport (serving American, Delta and United airlines), the County is proud of its burgeoning entrepreneurial spirit and a culture of collaboration and looks to grow its businesses, while maintaining its natural resources.
The County Administrator is appointed by a seven (7) member County Board of Commissioners, each representing a district, serving two (2) year terms. The Administrator is responsible for the administration of the County Board’s goals, policies and programs as well as the management of the County’s services. The County Board of Commissioners is seeking candidates who have a strong financial background and will value relationships between the Commission, employees and the community. Successful candidates will also have a collaborative and team-oriented management style; a vision for strategic growth and natural preservation; a commitment to efficient and effective service delivery within a model workplace; and will have exceptional communication skills. The County provides full services to its residents and visitors, with 37 Departments staffed by approximately 500 employees and a budget of nearly $63M ($37M General Fund).
Candidates are required to have:
• Bachelor’s Degree; Master’s Degree in Public or Business Administration or related discipline is highly preferred.
• Six (6) years of progressively responsible executive level experience.
• Prior County or City management experience is highly valued.
• The Board is also interested in candidates with a diverse combination of educational background, professional experience and community involvement.
• Starting salary is $120,000 to $145,000 +/- DOQE.