- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: DOQ/DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 12,586
- Where: 250 LeGrande Avenue, Charlotte Court House, VA 23923
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
Charlotte County is seeking an experienced professional manager to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the desired qualifications for successful performance:
• A Master’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning or a related field; or experience equivalent to a master’s degree, is preferred.
• Three to five years of successful leadership at a senior executive/ administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities. Over five years of leadership experience preferred.
• Experience in or with the private sector; demonstrated understanding of business needs and principles.
• Experience in personnel management and employee relations with a record of positive, equitable administration and staff development.
• Knowledge of comprehensive land use planning and zoning administration.
• Training in emergency management planning and response; three to five years of experience preferred.
• A demonstrated record of compliance with the principles of open government, including knowledge of the requirements of the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA), the Conflict of Interests Act (COIA) and the Records Retention Act.
To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume with salary history and professional references to The Berkley Group, via email at email@example.com. Initial review of candidates will begin on June 15, 2018. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled, however, timely submittal will ensure the most advantageous review. Finalists must consent to a background check including criminal and credit history