- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: Preferred
- Salary: DOQ/DOE
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 12,243
- Where: 1781 Greensville County Circle Emporia, Virginia 23847
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
Greensville County is seeking an experienced professional to serve as County Administrator, the chief administrative officer responsible for directing programs and operations of the County government.
Qualifications, Education & Experience
The following education and experience factors are the expected qualifications for successful performance:
• A Bachelor’s degree in Public Administration, Business Management, Planning or a related field.
• Five or more years of successful leadership at a senior executive/administrator level in an organization with comparable responsibilities; possessing a broad skill set appropriate to the breadth of county government operations. City, County or Town government experience in Virginia as an administrator, deputy or assistant is desirable.
• Practical management experience with a track record of providing effective and efficient solutions; economic
development, including new business attraction, experience is desirable.
• Positive track record of developing and implementing a community vision.
• A demonstrated commitment to ongoing professional development. Designation or progress toward designation as an ICMA Credentialed Manager is preferred.
• Any combination of education and experience that qualifies an applicant may be considered in lieu of the more specifics criteria listed above.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit a cover letter and resume, with salary expectations and professional references to The Berkley Group via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. While the position is open until filled, review of candidates will begin February 4, 2019. Inquiries relating to the County Administrator position may be directed to:
The Berkley Group
P.O. Box 181
Bridgewater, Virginia 22812
Mobile: (804) 338-8743