- Job Function: Other; Non-Department Head
- Salary: $88,893. annually
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 161,719
- Where: 20 E. 6th Street, Tempe, AZ 85281
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Oct 3 2018
Please visit our website at www.tempe.gov/jobs to complete and submit the online application.
CONTRACT COMPLIANCE ANAYLST
This recruitment is open until the position is filled or a sufficient number of applications have been reviewed to establish a qualified candidate pool.
First review of applications will occur on October 11, 2018.
Annual Salary Range:
$65,847 - $88,893
Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Department / Division:
The City of Tempe participates in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined Benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 11.80%. ASRS pension plan includes a Long-Term Disability Benefit. We also offer a comprehensive benefits package including vacation, sick leave, holiday and short-term disability. Our employees have generous insurance options for medical, dental, vision and life. For more details, visit: http://www.tempe.gov/city-hall/internal-services/human-resources/benefit...
The Contract Compliance Analyst will perform a variety of complex and highly responsible professional duties involved in comprehensive contract compliance and operational audits of companies doing business with the City through contractual agreements.
Job duties include, but are not limited to the following:
• Review the work products of others to ensure compliance with standard operating procedures; with regulations for federal, state, and county grants and contracts; and with City policies, management directives and departmental guidelines;
• Research, interpret and enforce various sources of regulatory documentation pertaining to administrative law and labor issues;
• Attend pre-bid/construction meetings to inform contractors of their labor obligations;
• Conduct regulatory compliance training sessions for internal and external customers;
• Develop billing process for federal reimbursement
• Assist in resolution of procurement process issues, wage and salary disputes and related matters in federally-funded capital projects, and recommend appropriate action;
• Coordinate and perform extensive research for special projects; collect information on operational and administrative problems and perform comprehensive analysis; synthesize information and make recommendations on policy issues; prepare comprehensive administrative operational and statistical reports or manuals for use internal and/or external organizations.
Requires the equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration; administrative, regulatory, or contract law; public administration; or a degree related to the core functions of this position.
The term “equivalent” means that directly related work experience exceeding the required work experience will substitute in equal time increments for college-level education, for example: one year of additional directly related work experience will substitute for one year of college education (30 credit hours).
Requires three years of experience in at least one of the following: municipal construction contract compliance, federal compliance construction practices, telecommunications and other franchise or license agreements, or Federal labor standards (Davis Bacon and Related Acts).
Candidates must have the minimum amount of work experience. Years of experience are based upon a full-time work schedule (2,080 hours per year). The sum of an applicant’s full-time and/or part-time qualifying work experience must meet or exceed the stated minimum qualification. Education will not substitute for the required work experience; however, related unpaid and/or volunteer work experience may be used as qualifying work experience.
Certification, Licenses, and/or Registrations:
• Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Successful completion of initial probationary period is contingent upon passing an FBI background investigation. Based on position, referred applicants may be subject to additional testing which may include pre-employment polygraph, physical and drug screening.
For the complete job description go to: https://www.tempe.gov/home/showdocument?id=5026
This position is FLSA Exempt – not eligible for overtime compensation and/or compensatory time.
Employees in this position are represented by the United Arizona Employee Association (UAEA).
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: The City of Tempe is an Equal Opportunity / Reasonable Accommodation employer. The City does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, familial status, age, disability, and United States military veteran status. Pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, the City will make a reasonable accommodation(s) during the recruitment & selection process. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting Human Resources at 480-350-8276. Requests should be made as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation.