- Job Function: Planning Director
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 6,508
- Where: Eagle, CO 81631
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: May 14 2019
Eagle, Colorado (population 6,867) The Town of Eagle, Colorado offers an outstanding opportunity for an experienced planning professional who will enjoy a professional challenge and an unbeatable quality of life. Eagle is a mountain community with a thriving outdoor recreation industry, abundant natural resources, a strong appreciation for culture and community events, and a reinvigorated commercial core. The next Director of Community Development will enjoy a quality of life defined by natural beauty and a splendid climate along with abundant recreation amenities.
Position Summary: Under broad policy guidance, supervises and directs current and long-range planning activities of the Town and assigned professional, technical and clerical staff within the Planning Division. Oversees all activities of the Building Division. Serves as advisor to the Town Manager, Elected Officials and volunteer Boards and Commissions. Performs administrative, supervisory and professional work planning, coordinating and directing the activities of the Planning & Development Department.
• Bachelor’s degree in urban planning, architecture, civil engineering, public administration, business administration or related field required.
• Master’s Degree in planning or related field preferred.
• American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP) Certification preferred.
• At least ten years progressively responsible experience in urban planning, long-range planning, civil engineering or architecture including at three years of management and administrative responsibility of a staff of four or more.
• Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record required.
Instructions on how to apply:
Click here for detailed profile https://www.townofeagle.org/DocumentCenter/View/15082/Com-Dev-Dir-Town-P...
Click here for detailed job description https://www.townofeagle.org/DocumentCenter/View/15083/Community-Developm...
Please apply online at www.GovHRjobs.com with resume, compelling cover letter and completed application. Position is open until filled with first review of resumes 6/7/19. Prior to interviewing a completed employment application is required. Visit the Town of Eagle website for more information: www.townofeagle.org