- Job Function: Economic Development Director
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 53,000
- Where: Eagle, Colorado
- Form of Government: County council-administrator/mgr
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Sep 20 2018
Deadline: Oct 29 2018
Please apply online with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references to www.govhrusa.com/career-center/ attn. Cristi Musser, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240.
Eagle County, Colorado (population 53,000) is seeking a dynamic, innovative, and collaborative leader to serve as its Community Development Director. This beautiful Colorado Mountain County is home to the world class Vail and Beaver Creek ski resorts as well as outdoor activities including hiking, biking, golf, fishing, hunting, and off-roading. The County is a full-service organization with 476 employees led by a three-member elected Board of County Commissioners who appoint the County Manager.
The Community Development Director reports directly to the County Manager and is responsible for the Planning, Building and Zoning, and GIS functions. The Department also staffs both the Eagle County and Roaring Forks Valley Planning Commissions. The Director is an integral part of the County’s Management team and will be responsible for leading and facilitating a rewrite of the County’s Zoning Code followed by a full update to the Comprehensive Land Use Plan. The successful candidate will possess the ability to develop close and effective professional relationships with elected and appointed officials, community stakeholders, and staff. The successful candidate will also have a track record as a positive, visionary leader and an administrative manager of a department dedicated to excellent customer service.
• Bachelor’s degree in Planning, Engineering, Public Administration or related field.
• Master’s degree in urban planning, public administration or AICP certification preferred.
• Ten years of progressively responsible Community Development management experience with a minimum of five years of administrative and supervisory experience.
• Candidates must possess extensive knowledge of community development and urban planning, strong strategic and visionary skills and a facilitative leadership style.
• Executive level experience in a mountain or other resort community is desirable.
• Starting salary range up to $145,000 (DOQ), with an attractive and comprehensive benefits package, and potential for housing assistance.
First review of resumes is October 15, 2018. Application deadline: October 29. Please apply online with resume, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references to www.govhrusa.com/career-center/ attn. Cristi Musser, Vice President, GovHR USA, 630 Dundee Road #130, Northbrook, IL 60062. Tel: 847-380-3240.
The full recruitment brochure is available online.
Click Here to Apply!