- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City, County, Town Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Salary: Market/DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 57,627
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jun 16 2020
Deadline: Jul 15 2020
Effectively administer the affairs of the city in accordance with the City Council policies and local, state, and federal laws. The City Manager serves a dual purpose as a public administrator and as the Chief Executive Officer of the city.
EXAMPLES OF WORK TO BE PERFORMED:
• Advise the City Council on the financial condition and future needs of the city and make such recommendations as may seem desirable.
• Prepare annual budget recommendations, including capital expenditure items, consistent with council approved short and long range plans.
• Submit budget recommendations to the City Council for approval; file approved budgets with appropriate authorities; and administer approved budget.
• Ensure succession and strategic planning is conducted for management of the city’s future growth and development.
• Develop and implement plans for the personnel, financial, and program aspects of city operations in accordance with budgetary and other policy direction established by the City Council.
• Ensure efficient and economical purchasing of equipment, supplies and materials, property and facilities for the city.
• Ensure adequate staff support for all policy or advisory boards, commissions, or committees of the city.
• Provide strong leadership and ensure staff development.
• Inform the City Council on progress in all departments and on any other pertinent matters relating to city operations to enable them to make informed policy decisions.
• Preparation to ensure staff and necessary materials are prepared and ready for council meetings.
• Ensure the enforcement of federal, state, and local laws in the city. Ensure compliance with grant and contractual provisions.
• Understand existing and new legislation and anticipate future legislation. Enforce adherence to requirements and advise management on needed actions.
• Ensure adequate and accurate information is provided to news/social media so that citizens can be informed of governmental activities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contact a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.