- Job Function: Engineering Director
- Salary: $74,467 - $94,249. Negotiable DOQ
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 11,766
- Website: http://www.somersworth.com
- Where: City HallnOne Government Way, Somersworth, NH
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Feb 6 2018
Forward a cover letter, resume and completed application to: Linda Corriveau, Human Resources Manager One Government Way Somersworth, NH 03878 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
City Engineer ~ City of Somersworth, NH
Desirable Location: The City of Somersworth provides a unique quality of life for you and your family. Located in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire it is within 1 hour of Boston and Portland, ME as well as the Lakes Region for all seasons. Within a short drive are NH and Maine beaches.
Exciting Opportunity: To work with a growing community involved in public infrastructure projects including transportation, water, sewer and stormwater improvements. To provide highly responsible administrative, and professional work, in directing public works projects.
Salary: Present salary range $74,467 - $94,249, starting salary negotiable DOQ. The City offers a competitive benefits plan, including NH Retirement System participation.
Qualifications: Engineering Degree required; experience in municipal related environment preferred. Strong communication skills and computer skills; prior CAD and GIS experience desirable. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with a wide range of customers and the public, is considered essential. State of New Hampshire license to practice as a registered professional civil engineer or ability to obtain within one year of date of hire.
Duties/Responsibilities: Highly responsible administrative, planning and professional work, in directing all activities of the Engineering Division. Work is performed under the administrative direction of the Public Works and Utilities Director and City Manager.
• Coordinates the design/construction of public works projects: water, sewer and roads.
• Prepares specifications for service contracts for public infrastructure projects.
• Conducts inspections of public works projects and ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations affecting public works operations.
• Acts as liaison with the New Hampshire Department of Transportation and the New Hampshire Department of Environmental Services, and other state and federal agencies.
• Assist with the mapping and asset management requirements as assigned. Mapping and Geographic Information Systems (GIS): to include streets, sidewalks, water/sewer/stormwater drainage, and other City infrastructure.
Applications reviewed as received and accepted until filled. EOE.
Details and application available online: http://www.somersworth.com/employment/employment-opportunities/