- Job Function: Division Manager
- Salary: $61,984 - $102,502.
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 26,000
- Website: http://www.templeterrace.com
- Where: 11250 N 56th Street Temple Terrace, FL 33617
- Form of Government: Council-Manager
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Dec 27 2017
To apply, qualified applicants must submit completed application, cover letter, & resume to: Human Resources City of Temple Terrace 11250 North 56th Street Temple Terrace, FL 33617 Or, via email to HR@templeterrace.com
POSITION: CITY ENGINEER
POSITION NO: 1.140
DEPARTMENT: Public Works • Engineering
PAY GRADE: 32
SALARY RANGE: $61,984 - $102,502 annually
This is responsible, supervisory work performing professional/technical engineering duties for the City. Responsibilities include administrative and supervisory duties; overseeing planning and coordinating the operations of Engineering Services; ordinance, policies, standards, specifications, intra/inter–governmental coordination, development plans, planning for projects, capital improvement program; and operating budget and engineering studies; oversees Geographic Information System (GIS) functions.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the principles and practices of engineering; and modern developments, current literature and sources of information in municipal engineering.
- Ability to apply engineering knowledge to specific administrative and technical problems; give technical and professional review to a wide variety and large volume of engineering plans, specifications and related documents.
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Proficient in computer applications, including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull, push, and maneuver materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with fellow employees,
officials and the public.
- Considerable knowledge of surveying and other engineering instruments and equipment.
- Ability to prepare, interpret and utilize engineering plans, maps, specifications and reports.
Training, Certification, and Experience
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Engineering.
- Minimum of five years of experience in engineering, including two years of experience in a supervisory capacity.
- Registered as a professional Engineer in the State of Florida.
- Experience and/or training should be in the areas of engineering related to streets, storm drainage, and water, wastewater, with planning, designing, construction and administrative experience.
- Valid Florida driver’s license.
The City of Temple Terrace is a drug-free workplace.
A pre-employment drug screen, criminal history background investigation,and a driver’s license verification may be conducted.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
VETERAN'S PREFERENCE EMPLOYER