- Job Function: Chief Administrator (City/County Manager)
- Credential: No preference
- Position Type: Full Time
- Population: 14,504
- Website: http://cityoflincoln-il.gov
- Where: Lincoln, IL
- Form of Government: Mayor-Council
HOW TO APPLY
Post Date: Jan 22 2018
Deadline: Feb 23 2018
Apply online with résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by February 23, 2018 to www.GovHRUSA.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Kathleen Rush, 630 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240. Click here to apply! www.GovHRusa.com/current-positions/recruitment
Lincoln, IL (14,500) Vibrant, historic community seeks candidates to apply for the position of City Administrator. The City of Lincoln is located in Logan County, and is a short drive to Peoria, Springfield, Bloomington-Normal, Decatur, and Champaign-Urbana. It is midway between Chicago and St. Louis. Lincoln offers small town charm and scenic farmland as well as the business and entertainment benefits afforded by its proximity to larger cities. Lincoln is the only city in the world named for and christened by Abraham Lincoln before he became President and is home to a number of historic sites and events associated with the presidential namesake, including the Lincoln Heritage Museum and the Postville Courthouse. In addition, Lincoln boasts quality schooling and affordable real estate and is home to three colleges: Lincoln Christian University, Lincoln College, and Heartland Community College.
The City is a full-service community with approximately 60 full-time employees and an annual budget of approximately $30.6 million. The City Administrator is appointed by the Mayor with confirmation by the City Council and reports to the Mayor and an eight-member City Council.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a background in administering municipal operations, particularly financial and personnel management
• Have three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a community or organization of comparable size and/or complexity, either as a Manager or Assistant, experience within an Illinois community is valued
• A bachelor’s degree in a related field. A master’s degree is desired
• Possess excellent interpersonal skills, an approachable, welcoming style with the community and staff, and a proven record in effective service delivery and creative problem solving
• Strong writing skills, oral presentation skills, and a collaborative, team-oriented management style are essential.
Starting salary range is up to $75,000 DOQ. Excellent benefits package. Residency required by first year of tenure. Apply online with résumé, cover letter, and contact information for five professional references by February 23, 2018 to www.GovHRUSA.com/current-positions/recruitment to the attention of Kathleen Rush, 630 Dundee Road, Northbrook, IL 60062 Tel: 847-380-3240.
Click here to apply!